2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best Affordable Car
By sherry on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This is my first time buying a Honda. Although I was going to buy the Honda Accord as my first choice, overall, you cant beat the civic. It is very room, comfortable and very sporty. I would recommend this to all the viewers who are reading this website. I have never had any problems with my civic. The civic, by far, is the best car that I have owned.

Si is an excellent car
By mseals on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

This is truly a great sleeper car. It has all the power you need when you need it, but at the same time, it gets great gas mileage. I avg 31 mpg, that is right, average!! I have a mix of driving that is about 60% street and 40% freeway. I have the black one so it looks like just about every other Civic coupe. That is fine with me since I love the way the car looks, especially when it is clean. Once I changed the tires (they were crappy and expensive) the car even handled the snow pretty well. I truly believe now that the 0-60 time is 7.2 sec. The engine didn't break in until about 15,000 miles so I was skeptical at first. But once it did, look out.

my honda Vs. canadian made cars (kiddin)
By extere on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

in response to bullit's review on top of the page: what is NOT an import in canada? civic is without any question one of the most reliable cars out there. its my 3ed. i remember my other ones: not a single mechanical problem after 70,000. just oil, tires, and filters were replaced. great car.

Wrecked Si
By New_Lude on 03/12/02 10:57 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as the last new Si for sale in Texas. It was a great car with a wonderfull engine. Unfortunately I totaled it about 2 months ago. It was a great car.

The Si
By ip120 on 03/05/02 15:06 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Never have any mechanical problems with any of my hondas, and my si is no exeption. Great car and fun to drive.

2000 Civic,my first, but not last import
By Bullitt on 03/05/02 09:54 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I had never owned an import, and never bothered to listen to those who let me know how great their imports were... well now I tell others how good my import is. The mileage is amazing, and it doesn't comprimise the performance (granted this is not an 8 cyl, or the SI for that matter). It is very fun to drive. Above all else it is well built and still feels like brand new (30,000 miles into its life).

This is a great car.
By talula on 03/01/02 17:37 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Civic as a Certified Used Honda and I'm thrilled with it. I love the fact that the powertrain is covered until 2006. That just feels great, even though I'm pretty sure I won't be needing it to be.

Great car at an affordable price
By mrOPERMAN on 02/28/02 20:50 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

All around dependable and cofortable car

2000 Honda Civic LX Sedan
By lazarus629 on 02/28/02 12:40 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Simply unbelievable value. Typical Honda "bullet-proof" quality in a fun to drive, roomy, economical, slow-depreciating car. A real home run. In terms of total cost (which of course includes depreciation), probably the least expensive car to drive. And it really can fit four adults! Miserly with gas and still peppy and can run all day at freeway speeds.

Expensive for its class, still a value
By alpha_animal on 02/27/02 08:43 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Excellent ride for a car this size, quite supple yet controlled. Power steering a bit overboosted. Engine doesn't have much grunt down low but gets with the program over 3000 rpm. Engine is also quite smooth and car gets excellent gas mileage. No mechanical difficulties to date, though I do hear a noise when shiftin when cold (I'm going to get this checked out). Other cars in this class may be cheaper, but this one is well-executed and retains value so it's still a great choice.