2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 18

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Economical, Sporty, and Reliable!
By Zac on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

My car; a 2000 Honda Civic HX coupe w/ CVT (Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission).--After more than 2 years I am still in love with this car! It handles great- quick and responsive! Excellent fuel economy- I average 37mpg! Good ergonomics- all the controls fall easily at hand. The CVT never searches or lurches, and it's much more fun than a traditional automatic. I've never had a single problem with this car!

Great Car, Performance, and Fun!
By TuPaK on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. Fun to drive, it has all the power you need, and it is a good value.

warranty warning
By express on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Just a warning to new car buyers about the "quality" of a Honda. Flaws in workmanship and an uncharacteristic brush off by American Honda Customer service have left me with no recourse but to go to small claims court with Honda. Im still in shock at the response from Honda when told that water leaks caused by a lack of "caulk-like" adhesive around the fender welds would not be covered under warranty. If your car leaks water, check the fender welds first ???? Dont waste your time on windshield replacements. That is not what Honda deems logical. Above all, pay the dealer to do " a few oil changes" to establish the required GOODWILL necessary for them to honor the warrenty.

Fun and reliable
By sarah_92107 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

As a everyday car, this is the best. It handles very well. Has more then enough power. And when any other honda's drive along you know that you car is much more bad a**. Me and my honda civic si have gone throught alot together, and we'll go throught alot more, i wouldn't change it for the world.

ALWAYS BROKEN DOWN
By notahondafan on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic because I needed a car that would provide reliable transportation with good gas milage. My civic has had nothing but problems. I will list them: ECU (Computer) replaced three times, transmission replaced twice (the car is one it's third transmission!), and starter. Currently the car is having a fuel pump problem that two different dealerships have been unable to diagnose. Since the prerequisite for this car was reliability I am getting rid of it as soon as I get it back from the dealership.

Civic Si
By Jimmy01 on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

When the first Si came out i told my self that someday i will have one of those, and fortunaly i bought mine in January of this year, and man do i love it. I have been into imports all my life and love the sound of a fixed up 4 cylinder, its really great when you pull up next to a domestic and you kick their butt :). I have added aftermarket parts to my Si and it really got the Vtec strong, I mean what other car boost your power 10 times greater from 5500rpm to redline which is 8000rpm who can complain with that. Im keeping this car for a long time and i know i will have no problems with it.

Si review
By gacivicsi on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

the car was a great buy new. it has held almost all of its value over the last 3 years. 1.6l engine lacks torque, but that is to be expected. fast enough to get the job done, but will not really get you in trouble. understeers in the wet.

Mikey 00 civic vp
By Michael iraci on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 civic vp. Gives me everything i want. i just put gas in it and change the oil and go. never had a problem with it. honda are really good cars.

The BEST pocket-rocket!!!!
By darinordino on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I reviewed and drove many, many cars before buying my 2000 Si and finally decided that it offered the most for the money. I have not been disappointed since. This car flat out ROCKS!!! It has awesome, easy to use power and anyone with a VTEC motor will tell you that the sound is great. handling is flat and precise. I've had no problems whatsoever during my 2+ years of ownership. I trade cars pretty regularly (a new car about every 2 years) but I will DEFINITELY keep this car as long as possible. A keeper!!

Best Affordable Car
By sherry on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This is my first time buying a Honda. Although I was going to buy the Honda Accord as my first choice, overall, you cant beat the civic. It is very room, comfortable and very sporty. I would recommend this to all the viewers who are reading this website. I have never had any problems with my civic. The civic, by far, is the best car that I have owned.