2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car for what it is.
By Rob Johnson on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new-car purchase and first car out of High-school. My previous car was an '86 Accord that got me hooked on the Honda nameplate. This car is very well-built. I have 50k+ miles so far and I have not had even the slightest problem. It gets awesome gas milage as well. My only complaint is that the insurance is insanely high on this car. Even more so if your a single male under 25 like me. Performance is not the greatest, although not the worst either. (But then again, what do you expect from an economy car?) I would highly recomend the 5-speed manual for a car like this.

Choice for the cost conscious
By kt on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

If you check these web sites about how much the Civic DR is still worth after some years, you'll know what I mean. I haven't had any mechanical problems with this car. All I had to do was take it to the dealer for routine maintenance and check ups.

my honda vs anything
By EPB00SI on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

when the first si's came onto the market i told myself i was going to have one some day. the day finally came. this car is so fun do drive. the 8k redline is amazing. when the vtec changes over the car is great. everything about this car is fun. the engine does lack low end torque but it is tstill very fun to drive. i recommend this car over any other import in the price range, if you are lookin for a coupe around 16k i strongly recommend the civic si.

Civic SI
By Shelli on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

This car is so much fun, I love my car, I would suggest this to anyone who wants a small reliable car!

Not so good
By justaperson on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have my Civil for almost 2 years, haven't driven it much until recently I starting working outside of the city. Had a small accident. The car I hit had no damage, but my civil was awful. It was a small hit in the front but I'm estimate to pay 3 grand to get the hood and the radiator frame to replace. And now that I'm on the highway all the time, the car does not pick up fast enough. It's too slow for my opinion. Overall, the car is reliable and performs well for what it's worth, but the build quality is awful. A slight hit, and you'll see major damage on your car. I would not buy this car again or recommend anyone to buy a civil.

A really wonderful car
By NoMoneyCollegeBoy on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for Honda's well- known reliability, the 4-door practicality, and the gas mileage. And so far, it has more than lived up to all of my expectations. I really love this car. I have the 5-speed trans, and I average about 29 mpg in the city (even with a little bit of a lead foot). The car has just turned over 38000 miles, and the only squeak on the whole car is in the rear-suspension when I back out of my driveway. It's so much better than any other american- made car I have owned. I will forever recommend Honda/Toyota/Nissan cars to anybody.

Could have been better
By Hondamechanics on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Honda quality has been negated by the poor workmanship at the Ohio plant. While the car runs well, there are a few visible spotty workmanship evident by unflushed fenders/headlight. One biggest annoying thing: getting in and out of the car is the most uncomfortable experience in using the car: the car is way too low!!!

Not Pleased
By av on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Within 18 months of buying it, it started jerking while driving, and stalling. No one knew what was wrong with the car. Took it to the dealership about 4 times and finally filled out the lemon papers. Has anyone else had the same problem with the 2000EX?

Awesome Car
By chardious on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Great car. Best car I have ever owned. When this one dies I will for sure buy a new honda

2000 Civic Si ROCKS!
By CJH on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Make no mistake, this is a driver's car. The highlight of the car is the VTEC engine, reportedly a result of Honda's involvement in racing...oh, so that's why when you get on it, it sounds like a NASCAR stocker screaming down the backstretch at Watkins Glenn. This car make sounds that are very pleasing to the auto enthusiest, but may be annoying to others. The transmission is so smooth and there is hardly any lean in the corners. This car is hard to drive slow. Even with this excellent performance, the car gets 26 to 31 mpg.