Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good small car
By cl8855

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 for my wife to be. Excellent gas mileage, good looks, nice handling. Overall, I wish I had bought the EX version. The fit and finish on this was not as good as my Accord. A little slow on the get-go unless you rev the engine super high. No trunk opener on the keyless entry.

Turn radius, looks, handling are all excellent. Good gas mileage. Very reliable, not one issue in 5 years. Good enough back seat even for adults if necessary.

Better fit/finish on middle console and all around. Wipers/washer are cheap. Change the gear ratio, revs too high on acceleration.

High Mileage Review
By Hi Mile Civic

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have 186000 miles on my Civic. Have never experienced a failure to date. I use only synthetic oil and change it every 7500 miles. The car has never let me down. On a recent trip of 3000 miles to the Florida Keys the gas mileage was 36 MPG with the best tank average of 40 MPG

Dependability.

None

The Y2K Civic EX sedan
By Mike

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

It's been very reliable. I've had no trouble whatsoever, even with the harsh winter we had. Workmanship is above standard. Peppy 1.6 liter engine and very gas efficient, which is a plus considering gas is averaging $2.20 a gal. around my area. This car rides tight and rattle-free, great for a small car. Make sure you get a Civic that's Honda certified, this way you won't wind up with a car that's been "upgraded" with aftermarket add- ons by some mechanic wanna-be.

Radio antenna is integrated in rear window, no more fumbling at car wash. CD player is great. Cupholders, yes the cupholders. And the split fold down rear seat for more room when you need it.

The engine could use more torque to catch up with the 127HP. I paid some big bucks for this little car with the extended warranty and what not, but I think it's worth it.

Okay car for the money
By Houstonian

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It was a good deal for the money, although it needs oil changes, etc. or it gets "fussy". For a small person it's fine, but for a "larger person" it's cramped. The gear also sticks sometimes when in park, not allowing you to turn the key and remove it from the steering wheel.

The seat adjustments are nice, best I found for a car that price. Good fuel eff., although has decreased over time even with service.

Better exterior paint, chips real easy. CD player, work on engine noise & shaking in idle (even with continueous servious)

My Perfect Match
By Jesse

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I've owned this 2000 Civic Si for almost 2 years. So far I have spent exactly $0.00 on repairs. Regular maintenance and rough driving is all I've put into it. Compared to my previous car (1996 Ford Taurus) which had several expensive issues and malfunctions in 3 years of ownership. Driving the Si is a lot more fun and it gets decent mileage even if you get a heavy foot from time to time. (I averaged 28 MPG even with rambunctious driving and 'stop and go' driving. The factory spec is 26/32 MPG. This car is my perfect match. The next closest would be the Celica GT-S which is a little too flashy looking for my taste.

B16A25 spd trans has a good feel Classy style Unique rims Sun roof