2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Excellent Form of City Transportation.
By Kirill on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is my second Civic. Although my first '98 DX model had some problems with (lots of cheap and fragile interior plastics), everything else outweighted all the negative aspects. My 2000 EX, which patched DX flaws with quality interior and added lots of nice power features including 127hp engine. Two years later, I CANNOT find a singe thing to complain about. Overall, Honda are ideal vehicles for those folks who like to spare their nervous system from factory recalls, getting stranded on the roadside and spending tons of money on parts and labor.

Civic EX Best Thing Yet!
By Foussé on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

What more could I ask for then a all around great car. Looks good, awesome gas mileage, fast, handles great.! I love it!

Si: Best Sports Car Around
By PJ Mac on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but fun with this car, and it is the best car on gas, handling, and of course Performance! and they also don't make this body style ne more, so if u find one Grab it fast!!

Great car, but far from perfect
By bloomer98 on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

I love almost everything about this car. The handling is nice, you don't have to change the oil but for every 7500 miles, good size/feel, good mileage, lots of good things No repair issues. The only things I don't like are the brakes (they have started to make lots of noises but are only at around 50% wear, just an annoyance) and the acceleration. The acceleration leaves a lot to be desired. You don't buy a Civic for a performance vehicle, I guess. Again, it's not awful, but I wish it had a little more giddy-up going uphill.

Civi Si
By Pete5332000 on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

First off, if i know that the "Si" meant steal it I would have bought a daewoo. Other than that its a blast to drive. What really sold me was the fact that I could get some sporty performance or decent gas mileage (haven't hit above 32 mpg yet), depending on my mood. Also it handles really well for being FWD. I also really liked that they put in the B16A2 engine instead of boring D-series.

No problems!
By justjess on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Imagine getting in a vehicle every day with no problems. NONE. That's been my experience with my 2000 civic EX coupe. As with most Hondas, if you take care of it, it will take care of you! Sometimes I'll notice someone driving a late 70's model civic on the road (no wonder most Honda dealers have the 100,000 mile club). I'm leasing my 2000 civic, and will probably miss it when it goes back next year. I've considered getting the Jetta next year, but when I hear about the window problems with the jettas and all of the other annoying problems with the vws, it of course gives me second thoughts. If I'm smart, I'll get another Honda!

nice car
By sonjh81 on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Such a nice car.

my honda
By arangoo on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

i have owned my civic for two year and am very happy with my purchase. i have never had any problems what so ever.

Good but not great
By Lanky on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Poor pick up for such a light car. The body design will not bode well when in accident. I had a small accident and had to have the entire right front body replaced (I hit a small animal). I do recommend for city driving and gas useage. This was my first car, I am not looking to make it a permanent fixture at my house.

Carefree Civic VP 2000
By JPLA on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Reliable and carefree little car. Just remember to do scheduled maintenance and you never worry about anything. Exterior design is not eye-catching but is actually better than most of other brands (except for '00 Jetta).