Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My Perfect Match
By Jesse

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I've owned this 2000 Civic Si for almost 2 years. So far I have spent exactly $0.00 on repairs. Regular maintenance and rough driving is all I've put into it. Compared to my previous car (1996 Ford Taurus) which had several expensive issues and malfunctions in 3 years of ownership. Driving the Si is a lot more fun and it gets decent mileage even if you get a heavy foot from time to time. (I averaged 28 MPG even with rambunctious driving and 'stop and go' driving. The factory spec is 26/32 MPG. This car is my perfect match. The next closest would be the Celica GT-S which is a little too flashy looking for my taste.

Favorite Features

B16A25 spd trans has a good feel Classy style Unique rims Sun roof

Suggested Improvements

none

Tough act to follow
By Peewee

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I love my Civic... it' super reliable and economical. The gas mileage is great, and the power's not bad for a four cylinder car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, economy.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control STINKS. Both a/c and heat are not adequate in extreme weather. American cars have much better climate control. If you live in an area with climate extremes, keep this in mind! Also, car has a lot of road noise, especially on concrete.

It is what it is - A reliable commuter
By STEVEM

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

It's not a performance vehicle right off the lot. But, I needed something safer and more practical than my old truck. This civic has worked great. I've put 102K miles on it, and no problems. Easy to work on as far as replacing spark plugs, changing oil, etc. Gas mileage is great. Commute into Atlanta, and still get 32/33 mpg. Nice to have the CD player and keyless entry. There are plenty of things that could be upgraded on this car. No cruise control, no trunk light, power windows, a little more than 108 hp. However, like the subject line says, it is what it is. It's a comfortable commuter car, and on long trips. Really great gas mileage, and you never have to worry, it's a Honda

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, cd player, great gas mileage, easy to work on, really great handling, and a very reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk light, cruise control, power windows. However, when you buy a nearly base Civic, that's what you get. I've definitely got more than my money's worth on this car, and hope to have it past 200K or 300K, if the wheels don't fall off first.

2000 Honda
By Bob

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I have been using Honda Civics to commute to NYC for 16 years. always get approx. 250,000 trouble free miles doing scheduled maint. replacing brakes and maybe a muffler. Great cars and fuel economy. Workmanship is top shelf but drivers seat position in this model has been a little uncomfortable, seat needs more lumbar support.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, mechanical reliability,

Suggested Improvements

Better drivers seat for support and wear.

the next best thing to a lexus IS300
By michael jackson fan

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car used, got a great deal on it. I'm 16, just got my license, my dad bought it because he has to commute and his Tundra gets bad mpg. I share it with my dad because i normally drive a 94 camry, good car but really slow, the civic is just more fun to drive. reliability + performance + good mpg = honda civic. there is really no other car to get.

Favorite Features

v-tec engine, manual transmission, sound system, sunroof, standard features, design, performance, quality, its a real chick magnet!

Suggested Improvements

power locks are kinda messed up, other than that its good enough for now until i get my lexus IS300