11 years later, still in love
By jimmert on
2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe
This was my first car I ever owned and I got it while I was in college. It has 92K miles currently and I think it can go another 11 years and 100k easily. I did have to rebuild the transmission 2 years ago due to my lazy upkeep and the short stop-n-go trips I had to work and back. I decided to go ahead with the expense because of the sentimental reasons and during the past 2 years it's been real reliable since I moved farther away from work it's now a 12 mile hw commute instead of 3. The weatherstripping along the doors has cracked exposing the chrome below due to the car being parked in the sun most of the time. Still this car has been awesome, 32-35mpg and I enjoy driving it everyday.
Favorite Features
I put in aftermarket stereo system which was easy to do. Car is a good size and sits low compared to many new cars these days. Also back then the EX had everything you wanted, no add on or packages needed it was either the DX, EX, HX or SI for coupes.
Suggested Improvements
Stupid weather stripping on the door. Seems like all the older Hondas have a problem with the sun's punishing rays.
By johninc
on 05/08/13 16:07 PM (PDT)

I still love my 2000 Civic also. My first Civic, a 1992 DX sedan had 223,000+ miles on it when I was persuaded by a Honda Technician to sell it to him. I was disappointed that I was never able to reach 250,000 miles and say "I have a quarter of a million miles on my car". So I bought a 2000 DX sedan in March of 2000. It now has over 321,000 miles and I love it. Finally started thinking about getting a new Civic but holding on to the 2000 as a second car.