Used 2000 Honda Civic VP Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Reliable car
By aldiga

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 2000 and it has been an excellent and very dependable car. Only issue I had during these 9 years was that a couple of years ago the driver's side window stopped working. Aside from that, a replaced battery and all scheduled maintenance. It does an excellent 34- 35 MPG and handles very well on the highway. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a reliable car.

Reliability!!! Gas mileage, low maintenance. Good rear leg room considering car size.

Wind noise at high speeds. More power.

A Little Disappointed
By jan

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Little things on cars tend to break down when it reached 100k, this car was one of them. 106k miles and 6 years later, I had problems with the catalytic converter (I was told that this was the most common break-down for Honda cars). It cost me around $1000 to have the part, and among other things, fixed. The left speaker stopped working right after my warranty expired. The interior of the car rattled and squeeked when hitting bumps on roads. I read one of the reviews and it stated that this model was overrated, that's true. Honda doesn't make the same quality like it used to. My family bought a truck and have driven 280k miles, yet no mechanical problems; only the CD player doesn't work.

power door locks

move the catalytic converter away from the exhaust manifold; it's burning away the O2 Sensor and the particles inside the Catalytic Converter.

Awesome.
By tyler

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Nothing to hate about it. After all was said and done, I bought the Civic brand new for about $13,000. Mine only has 39,500 miles on it. New tires at 32k, new battery at 38k (but the car was almost 6 years old, so I expected it) Love the STANDARD air, CD, Keyless entry. Add a trunk light and illuminated ignition as standard for all models. Could use more power, but has plenty for Value Package. Make a power package (power mirros, door locks, and windows) an option for the VP model. But no complaining here.. $13,000 for a new Civic?! Awesome I say! Keep up the good work Honda!

Standard air, CD, keyless entry. Awesome value! Like I said, $13,000 for a new CIVIC!! Great fuel economy.

Make more colors for VP model. Add trunk light and illuminated ignition. 20 more horsepower would be nice. Make an optional power package on VP model for people who have to have power everything. A tachometer would be nice also.

It is what it is - A reliable commuter
By STEVEM

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

It's not a performance vehicle right off the lot. But, I needed something safer and more practical than my old truck. This civic has worked great. I've put 102K miles on it, and no problems. Easy to work on as far as replacing spark plugs, changing oil, etc. Gas mileage is great. Commute into Atlanta, and still get 32/33 mpg. Nice to have the CD player and keyless entry. There are plenty of things that could be upgraded on this car. No cruise control, no trunk light, power windows, a little more than 108 hp. However, like the subject line says, it is what it is. It's a comfortable commuter car, and on long trips. Really great gas mileage, and you never have to worry, it's a Honda

Keyless entry, cd player, great gas mileage, easy to work on, really great handling, and a very reliable car.

Trunk light, cruise control, power windows. However, when you buy a nearly base Civic, that's what you get. I've definitely got more than my money's worth on this car, and hope to have it past 200K or 300K, if the wheels don't fall off first.

My Ride
By runves

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

This car was made to be bought and put ALL the aftermarket stuff you can on it. That is why it is a "Value Package".

Color : Iced Teal Pearl