2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322 on 06/09/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

This car has been a winner
By Jim on 01/02/10 06:40 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After ten years on the road and 162,000 miles, this Civic EX is performing admirably. No major problems whatsoever.

Hondas are the best!
By nowayanoin on 12/05/09 15:31 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car after owning 4 Saturns which had no problems out of and got an avg mileage of 40 mpgs, I was worried about the price it would be to fix, and up keep a Honda, but have had no problems in the past 2 yrs. Only work that I have done is oil, brake, and tire changes! Bought the car with 120000 miles in 2007 now has 250,000 and runs like the day it did when I bought it! It is a very comfortable car. I am 5'11" and the seats are very supportive and show little wear! Very fun car to drive and gas mileage is amazing, get 34-38 mpg! Would strongly recommend getting a Honda to anyone!

Great
By neilschmeil on 07/13/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice overall. It could use some more power sometimes when trying to accelerate. Still in good shape.

Must buy civic version. Better than 2001
By Great Car. on 07/07/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Driven the car to San Diego from Bayarea and to Reno. Gas mileage 33- 37 MPG is comparable to Civic Hybrid 41 MPG (had 04'Hybrid). Do not bother to purchase Civic hybrid cos it will not get even close to 45 MPG let alone 50 MPG. Sold it and bought yr 2000 for the better power and better driving experience than my other 4-dr 01' EX. Not sure bout Civic EX 2002-2008 version of Civic.

Still goin' ( like energizer bunny )
By daily commuter on 08/01/06 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Had this car going on 2 yrs. I've put 26,000 miles on it so far. It's never let me down mechanically. I had to replace all four tires and have a 4-wheel alignment at 54k. I have to say, that really improved the gas mileage. I have oil changed at 3k mile intervals. Gas mileage is great (with reg going for $3.20 a gal, it's a must ). The A/C blows very cold ( it's about 100 degrees as I write this ). I don't think this car will ever die (knock on wood). Would definitely consider a new Civic with the improvements that have been made.

You Are All Being Fooled!
By Billy-B on 04/19/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car has had more than its fair share of problems. Should the door lock break so you can't even open it up from the inside? How about the fact that the windshield has never sealed correctly, or even better how any time it rains the car just refuses to start. I also love the fact that O2 sensors and the original muffler lasted for a whopping 50K miles. Still under 100K and I am praying it doesn't die completely before I can get rid of it. Honda reliability... it must be a joke.

High Mileage Review
By Hi Mile Civic on 04/22/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have 186000 miles on my Civic. Have never experienced a failure to date. I use only synthetic oil and change it every 7500 miles. The car has never let me down. On a recent trip of 3000 miles to the Florida Keys the gas mileage was 36 MPG with the best tank average of 40 MPG

The Y2K Civic EX sedan
By Mike on 04/09/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

It's been very reliable. I've had no trouble whatsoever, even with the harsh winter we had. Workmanship is above standard. Peppy 1.6 liter engine and very gas efficient, which is a plus considering gas is averaging $2.20 a gal. around my area. This car rides tight and rattle-free, great for a small car. Make sure you get a Civic that's Honda certified, this way you won't wind up with a car that's been "upgraded" with aftermarket add- ons by some mechanic wanna-be.

Not Bad For End Of Its Generation
By PinchBuyer on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used (with only 27k on it!). Driver's seat tends to get a little uncomfortable on long drives, starting out isn't exactly up to par (stalls occasionally), high end acceleration isn't the greatest (not sure if that's factory tuning or whether the previous owner didn't know his stuff). However, these are all minor annoyances. The car gets decent gas mileage (not as great as my Neon got, for sure, but it's good enough), and it's a blast once you get it out on the open road. Can take hills without complaining too much, and the ABS is a God-send.