2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good Car So Far
By roland on 04/06/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.

Great commuter car
By Jimbo on 10/30/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and have put 230,000 trouble free miles on it. Seriously I have only done oil changes, tires, brakes, and the timing belt. Although I am still getting 36 mpg in mostly highway driving, it is getting a little long in the tooth and am looking for a new car. Want to by domestic, but cannot bring myself to not buy a Honda.

My Little Honda
By PHX on 01/14/09 11:43 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic new about 8 years ago. My A/C went out just before the warranty was out. That would've been a $1400 fix had it happened 250 miles later. Other than that, I've had no problems until recently. It now has 128,000 miles on it. The transmission needs to be rebuilt and the front brakes need to be fixed. There are a couple of other leaks and seeps that also need to be addressed. Per the dealer, will be about $4000 to fix all. I'm not happy with the transmission going out so early, but that could be from my driving, or some other factor. This car had definitely been reliable!

Impressive
By Lee on 08/21/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Great Car!
By HappyOne on 08/09/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic! It is spunky and has great torque for being a 4 cyl. I always get compliments for the sharpness of the gas and the incredible feel of the brake system. Wonderful car! Only major problem was with exhaust manifold, but a great dealership replaced it for free because it was a recall on many civics (you can look up the vin to see if it qualifies).

2000 Civic
By JG on 06/30/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it has been well worth the money. It has never needed repairs just minor routine maintenance. The gas mileage is great and the reliability is awesome. 160K miles and going strong. I will keep this car until it just wont go any longer, I'm thinking 250K miles easy.

Excellent Auto
By Don on 06/27/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have owned this Car since March 2000. In my 8 years of ownership I have replaced the oxygen Sensor at 32,000 miles a battery at 33,000 miles and that's it. It runs beautiful and averages 35 City & 39 Highway MPG's. I had changed the Spark Plugs at 20,000 miles to Iridium Plugs, they improved mileage. I keep the car garaged and the finish is perfect and car runs perfect now at 35,500 original miles. I had taken several trips from Florida to Ohio and had registered as high as 41 MPG on several trips. If you need a reliable car and can find one of these with low miles, grab it. They run great and handle perfect on the road.

I'm sticking with Honda
By Karen on 06/24/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! It goes in the snow quite well and gets great mileage. I've had this car for seven years. Problems have problems with the trim (inside/outside) heat shield keeps falling off-power windows seem to be questionable and manifold was found to have a crack in it within one week of the 80,000/8 year and was fixed for free by Superior Honda of Uniontown. The service from the dealership has been excellent. The A/C seems a little sluggish to me but all in all I expect to have this car for at least another 8 years so long as the snow and salt don't do it in first.

Good car
By Honda on 04/07/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is a good little car. There have been no problems with the car at all. The gas mileage is great, but only because it acceleration is somewhat slow. It would be a much better car if it had better acceleration and maybe ABS brakes. But overall it is a good car if you are looking for a good reliable car.

The perfect automobile
By Rodger on 03/20/08 06:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Mine too has a clunk in the transmission when slowing down and then pressing the accelerator quickly. Thats about the only thing I can complain about. Everything else works perfectly with no problems. I recommend Honda products to all. I changed from a Lincoln Town Car to a Civic because of fuel economy not because I didn't like my Lincoln but I love my Honda even more.