Used 2000 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best car ever
By Ryan

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

So I got this car about 3 weeks after I got my license for 3500. It had 50k miles on it and Lotta body damage. But this car is awesome. If your by yourself and there's nothing heavy in your car. The acceleration isn't half bad for a tiny engine. The handling on this is crazy good. You can go around turns and corner stuff so easy. I think I've filled it up once in 3 weeks because of how good the mileage is. This isn't too big of an issue but for people who go really fast on the interstate. 90 is probably the fastest you ever want to be going in this car. It can go over 100 if it wants to but after 90 it just gets scary. This car is just fun to drive because you have total control. My model had no traction and stability control or abs. So the safety of this car is in the drivers hands.

Good Car So Far
By roland

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.

Great commuter car
By Jimbo

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and have put 230,000 trouble free miles on it. Seriously I have only done oil changes, tires, brakes, and the timing belt. Although I am still getting 36 mpg in mostly highway driving, it is getting a little long in the tooth and am looking for a new car. Want to by domestic, but cannot bring myself to not buy a Honda.

Reliability, mileage, low low low cost of ownership.

Gearing is tall so it revs high on the highway, but doesn't seem to impact mileage.

My Little Honda
By PHX

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic new about 8 years ago. My A/C went out just before the warranty was out. That would've been a $1400 fix had it happened 250 miles later. Other than that, I've had no problems until recently. It now has 128,000 miles on it. The transmission needs to be rebuilt and the front brakes need to be fixed. There are a couple of other leaks and seeps that also need to be addressed. Per the dealer, will be about $4000 to fix all. I'm not happy with the transmission going out so early, but that could be from my driving, or some other factor. This car had definitely been reliable!

Vision is great, not really any blind spots! Maneuvering is fantastic. Don't have to spend a fortune repairing all the time.

None really, if you're looking for a little zippy car that will get you around, it's great!

Impressive
By Lee

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Gas mileage, stability at any speed, agile handling.

CD/MP3 player should have been standard, same for keyless entry.