2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322 on 06/09/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

Good Car So Far
By roland on 04/06/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.

This car has been a winner
By Jim on 01/02/10 06:40 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After ten years on the road and 162,000 miles, this Civic EX is performing admirably. No major problems whatsoever.

Hondas are the best!
By nowayanoin on 12/05/09 15:31 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car after owning 4 Saturns which had no problems out of and got an avg mileage of 40 mpgs, I was worried about the price it would be to fix, and up keep a Honda, but have had no problems in the past 2 yrs. Only work that I have done is oil, brake, and tire changes! Bought the car with 120000 miles in 2007 now has 250,000 and runs like the day it did when I bought it! It is a very comfortable car. I am 5'11" and the seats are very supportive and show little wear! Very fun car to drive and gas mileage is amazing, get 34-38 mpg! Would strongly recommend getting a Honda to anyone!

Great commuter car
By Jimbo on 10/30/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and have put 230,000 trouble free miles on it. Seriously I have only done oil changes, tires, brakes, and the timing belt. Although I am still getting 36 mpg in mostly highway driving, it is getting a little long in the tooth and am looking for a new car. Want to by domestic, but cannot bring myself to not buy a Honda.

Reliable car
By aldiga on 10/11/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 2000 and it has been an excellent and very dependable car. Only issue I had during these 9 years was that a couple of years ago the driver's side window stopped working. Aside from that, a replaced battery and all scheduled maintenance. It does an excellent 34- 35 MPG and handles very well on the highway. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a reliable car.

My Little Honda
By PHX on 01/14/09 11:43 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic new about 8 years ago. My A/C went out just before the warranty was out. That would've been a $1400 fix had it happened 250 miles later. Other than that, I've had no problems until recently. It now has 128,000 miles on it. The transmission needs to be rebuilt and the front brakes need to be fixed. There are a couple of other leaks and seeps that also need to be addressed. Per the dealer, will be about $4000 to fix all. I'm not happy with the transmission going out so early, but that could be from my driving, or some other factor. This car had definitely been reliable!

Impressive
By Lee on 08/21/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Great Car!
By HappyOne on 08/09/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic! It is spunky and has great torque for being a 4 cyl. I always get compliments for the sharpness of the gas and the incredible feel of the brake system. Wonderful car! Only major problem was with exhaust manifold, but a great dealership replaced it for free because it was a recall on many civics (you can look up the vin to see if it qualifies).

Great
By neilschmeil on 07/13/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice overall. It could use some more power sometimes when trying to accelerate. Still in good shape.