Used 2000 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best car ever
By Ryan

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

So I got this car about 3 weeks after I got my license for 3500. It had 50k miles on it and Lotta body damage. But this car is awesome. If your by yourself and there's nothing heavy in your car. The acceleration isn't half bad for a tiny engine. The handling on this is crazy good. You can go around turns and corner stuff so easy. I think I've filled it up once in 3 weeks because of how good the mileage is. This isn't too big of an issue but for people who go really fast on the interstate. 90 is probably the fastest you ever want to be going in this car. It can go over 100 if it wants to but after 90 it just gets scary. This car is just fun to drive because you have total control. My model had no traction and stability control or abs. So the safety of this car is in the drivers hands.

335K and Counting
By Frank Ruelas

2000 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Changing the oil every 3,000 miles without fail and doing other maintenance has kept my Civic running beautifully. I drive 100 miles round trip every day to work. Enough said...getting 40 MPG.

Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

Gas mileage, sunroof, pretty good interior.

Could use more head room, that is the only complaint I have! But it is an economy car so no big deal.

Good Car So Far
By roland

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.

This car has been a winner
By Jim

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After ten years on the road and 162,000 miles, this Civic EX is performing admirably. No major problems whatsoever.

Reliable. Great gas mileage.

Sits too low to the ground. Seats are acceptable; could be made much more comfortable for long-distance trips. Too little headroom.