2000 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2000 Civic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, sunroof, pretty good interior.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more head room, that is the only complaint I have! But it is an economy car so no big deal.

Good Car So Far
By roland

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.

This car has been a winner
By Jim

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After ten years on the road and 162,000 miles, this Civic EX is performing admirably. No major problems whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Reliable. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Sits too low to the ground. Seats are acceptable; could be made much more comfortable for long-distance trips. Too little headroom.

Hondas are the best!
By nowayanoin

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car after owning 4 Saturns which had no problems out of and got an avg mileage of 40 mpgs, I was worried about the price it would be to fix, and up keep a Honda, but have had no problems in the past 2 yrs. Only work that I have done is oil, brake, and tire changes! Bought the car with 120000 miles in 2007 now has 250,000 and runs like the day it did when I bought it! It is a very comfortable car. I am 5'11" and the seats are very supportive and show little wear! Very fun car to drive and gas mileage is amazing, get 34-38 mpg! Would strongly recommend getting a Honda to anyone!

Favorite Features

5spd man trans, sunroof, spoiler, space inside car, and power that the 1.6 4 cyl puts out! LOVE THIS CAR.

Great commuter car
By Jimbo

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and have put 230,000 trouble free miles on it. Seriously I have only done oil changes, tires, brakes, and the timing belt. Although I am still getting 36 mpg in mostly highway driving, it is getting a little long in the tooth and am looking for a new car. Want to by domestic, but cannot bring myself to not buy a Honda.

Favorite Features

Reliability, mileage, low low low cost of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Gearing is tall so it revs high on the highway, but doesn't seem to impact mileage.

Reliable car
By aldiga

2000 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 2000 and it has been an excellent and very dependable car. Only issue I had during these 9 years was that a couple of years ago the driver's side window stopped working. Aside from that, a replaced battery and all scheduled maintenance. It does an excellent 34- 35 MPG and handles very well on the highway. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a reliable car.

Favorite Features

Reliability!!! Gas mileage, low maintenance. Good rear leg room considering car size.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise at high speeds. More power.

My Little Honda
By PHX

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic new about 8 years ago. My A/C went out just before the warranty was out. That would've been a $1400 fix had it happened 250 miles later. Other than that, I've had no problems until recently. It now has 128,000 miles on it. The transmission needs to be rebuilt and the front brakes need to be fixed. There are a couple of other leaks and seeps that also need to be addressed. Per the dealer, will be about $4000 to fix all. I'm not happy with the transmission going out so early, but that could be from my driving, or some other factor. This car had definitely been reliable!

Favorite Features

Vision is great, not really any blind spots! Maneuvering is fantastic. Don't have to spend a fortune repairing all the time.

Suggested Improvements

None really, if you're looking for a little zippy car that will get you around, it's great!

Impressive
By Lee

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a new car in 2000 (first Honda car), with the idea to keep it for about 5 years. After 8 1/2 yrs and 100K I still cannot convince myself to give it away. As other people have mentioned, it only needs gas besides scheduled maintenance. I did not have to change as much as a light bulb outside maintenance. Great mileage 30-32 in suburban traffic, 36 on the hwy. Drove it 2500 miles across US during moving in only 3 days: no problem. Incredibly stable and agile considering it's a small car with 106 hp. Next one will be a Honda for sure ...

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, stability at any speed, agile handling.

Suggested Improvements

CD/MP3 player should have been standard, same for keyless entry.

Great Car!
By HappyOne

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic! It is spunky and has great torque for being a 4 cyl. I always get compliments for the sharpness of the gas and the incredible feel of the brake system. Wonderful car! Only major problem was with exhaust manifold, but a great dealership replaced it for free because it was a recall on many civics (you can look up the vin to see if it qualifies).

Favorite Features

Perfect size! Large trunk with fold down back seats! Gas mileage decent. I get 35-37 hwy, 28-29 city.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cup holders not underneath the dash so that taller cups fit. The only "bad" thing about this car is that it is so great, I have no valid excuses to upgrade to a newer model....hahaha.

Great
By neilschmeil

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice overall. It could use some more power sometimes when trying to accelerate. Still in good shape.