Used 2000 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, sunroof, pretty good interior.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more head room, that is the only complaint I have! But it is an economy car so no big deal.

Good Car So Far
By roland

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.

This car has been a winner
By Jim

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After ten years on the road and 162,000 miles, this Civic EX is performing admirably. No major problems whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Reliable. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Sits too low to the ground. Seats are acceptable; could be made much more comfortable for long-distance trips. Too little headroom.

Hondas are the best!
By nowayanoin

2000 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car after owning 4 Saturns which had no problems out of and got an avg mileage of 40 mpgs, I was worried about the price it would be to fix, and up keep a Honda, but have had no problems in the past 2 yrs. Only work that I have done is oil, brake, and tire changes! Bought the car with 120000 miles in 2007 now has 250,000 and runs like the day it did when I bought it! It is a very comfortable car. I am 5'11" and the seats are very supportive and show little wear! Very fun car to drive and gas mileage is amazing, get 34-38 mpg! Would strongly recommend getting a Honda to anyone!

Favorite Features

5spd man trans, sunroof, spoiler, space inside car, and power that the 1.6 4 cyl puts out! LOVE THIS CAR.

Great commuter car
By Jimbo

2000 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and have put 230,000 trouble free miles on it. Seriously I have only done oil changes, tires, brakes, and the timing belt. Although I am still getting 36 mpg in mostly highway driving, it is getting a little long in the tooth and am looking for a new car. Want to by domestic, but cannot bring myself to not buy a Honda.

Favorite Features

Reliability, mileage, low low low cost of ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Gearing is tall so it revs high on the highway, but doesn't seem to impact mileage.