Used 2000 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Why didn't someone tell me these were so fun??
By smooshies

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned about 10 different cars and trucks. This even beats the Toyota Truck that took me to Canada, Mexico, New York, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, and everywhere in between. I bought this go cart from a super shady dealer, but even they couldn't make it not run. Best 5 grand I ever spent. It's comfy enough for my two year old, but zippy enough to scoot around town quickly and easily. And, you can park in the tiniest spots EVER. No complaints here. Just wish they were easier to find unmolested... No I do not want that terrible body kit and engine that you slapped together with your buddies!

Favorite Features

Easy to work on - I didn't want power steering anymore, so i ripped out the pump and looped the lines in like 15 minutes! Much better. Want a tachometer? Junkyard 30 bucks, 10 minutes to install, viola! It's like a tinkerers dream car. Zippy for a 1.6 liter engine. Roomy inside for how tiny it is. MPGs!

Suggested Improvements

None. Everything that I wanted was easy to install, so who cares it didn't come with it?

Great Car
By r3n3gad3II

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my very first car which I got for graduation present. In 9 years that I have owned it no problems have ever occured. The mpg was excellent. Only had to put full tank every week and a half. I just wished it had a little power, but for the price and reliability, it was well worth it. The interior design was a little dull but oh well. This car can be parked anywhere u want. Living in SF with such a horrible parking, takes no time to find parking.

Favorite Features

Easy to find parking, GREAT MPG, handles road pretty well.

Suggested Improvements

No power at all, dull interior.

Best buy ever!
By jenmarc221

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

i just bought a used civic cx hatch i was amazed how fast it went on the highway! i was going 140 km and didn't even notice, it just flies! and it is so EASY to shift gears in a civic?! I love it! and it has good gas mileage! and they are a great size for finding parking and the hatch has more space than i thought. i like too that i is nice and basic, doesn't have unnecessary gadgets. Excellent car!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, size, fun to drive, good factory radio/speakers, love the body design, good heater

Suggested Improvements

Seat gets uncomfortable (lower lumbar sticks out way to much) after long periods of driving, outside dents too easily, the WIND NOISE is horrible when driving at high speeds...so much wind noise? should make it more sound proof, doesn't excel great, but it's a civic so lets be fair

Loved this car
By jubilee

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Got this car brand new on 07/2007 with 8 mi on it and it drove strong for another 160000 miles until it got stolen and dumped in a river (broke my heart). I loved this car. It was the cheapest car on the lot, but it treated me well. Changed the oil every 4 to 5000 miles. Paint still looked new. Here are the things that went wrong: cracked exhaust manifold after 2 yrs, A/C compressor went out after 6 yrs, driver's side window went off track after 7 yrs. Otherwise, absolutely no other problems. Very reliable, and I'm going to stick with Honda. This car has a lot of character. Other imports always wanted to race my stock Civic, and I can't tell you how many times people asked to buy my car.

Favorite Features

The hatch! Handles well, can fit anywhere, maneuverability, mechanically reliable

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had this car in an EX trim with leather, sunroof, power windows, power locks. More powerful stock engine

EXcellent
By Monet

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Beat the car down with miles, and it still drives great! Never had to take it to the shop or anything, besides oil changes.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none