2000 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Why didn't someone tell me these were so fun??
By smooshies on 05/31/11 21:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned about 10 different cars and trucks. This even beats the Toyota Truck that took me to Canada, Mexico, New York, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, and everywhere in between. I bought this go cart from a super shady dealer, but even they couldn't make it not run. Best 5 grand I ever spent. It's comfy enough for my two year old, but zippy enough to scoot around town quickly and easily. And, you can park in the tiniest spots EVER. No complaints here. Just wish they were easier to find unmolested... No I do not want that terrible body kit and engine that you slapped together with your buddies!

Great Car
By r3n3gad3II on 03/08/09 03:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my very first car which I got for graduation present. In 9 years that I have owned it no problems have ever occured. The mpg was excellent. Only had to put full tank every week and a half. I just wished it had a little power, but for the price and reliability, it was well worth it. The interior design was a little dull but oh well. This car can be parked anywhere u want. Living in SF with such a horrible parking, takes no time to find parking.

Best buy ever!
By jenmarc221 on 04/14/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

i just bought a used civic cx hatch i was amazed how fast it went on the highway! i was going 140 km and didn't even notice, it just flies! and it is so EASY to shift gears in a civic?! I love it! and it has good gas mileage! and they are a great size for finding parking and the hatch has more space than i thought. i like too that i is nice and basic, doesn't have unnecessary gadgets. Excellent car!

Loved this car
By jubilee on 10/08/07 23:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Got this car brand new on 07/2007 with 8 mi on it and it drove strong for another 160000 miles until it got stolen and dumped in a river (broke my heart). I loved this car. It was the cheapest car on the lot, but it treated me well. Changed the oil every 4 to 5000 miles. Paint still looked new. Here are the things that went wrong: cracked exhaust manifold after 2 yrs, A/C compressor went out after 6 yrs, driver's side window went off track after 7 yrs. Otherwise, absolutely no other problems. Very reliable, and I'm going to stick with Honda. This car has a lot of character. Other imports always wanted to race my stock Civic, and I can't tell you how many times people asked to buy my car.

EXcellent
By Monet on 03/14/06 06:52 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Beat the car down with miles, and it still drives great! Never had to take it to the shop or anything, besides oil changes.

2nd DX Hatchback
By CJ on 10/13/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Civic DX Hatchback in May 2003, I at the same time had a 1991 Civic DX Hatchback that I bought when it was 8 years old (and would still have it, but Husband wrecked it!). I love these cars, perfect for running around anywhere & everywhere. Fold the Seats down, take the dogs to the Vet, load up luggage & take a road trip. And on the Highway gas mileage cant be beat, get close to 350 miles on 1 tank, & then I was REALLY movin (yes, had the radar detector on). Parking is a breeze can park in lots of spaces other vehicles have to pass up, easy to wash (15 Mins). Other than routine maintenance, fill the Tank, & take off! I'll be sure & buy another....Overrall Best Car I ever had.

untitled
By nbjhfl,uyhvjhn on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a hassle free city car. Very versatile. Park anywhere, haul a good amount of stuff and reasonably pleasing to look at. Not a car to be excited by but certainly one to depend on.

Good Lil' Workhorse Car
By strindbergmania on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

This car is classic Honda: wonderful fuel economy and reliability, agile in driving (I'm a stick-shift fanatic so I chose the 5-speed), virtually worry-free, and overall nice looking. Drawbacks: being a small hatchback, naturally, the back seat leaves something to be desired-- barely enough room for kids but I imagine people who buy this car probably don't have kids to begin with. Bottom line: if you like small, zippy, Euro/Japanese cars, this is definitely the one for you. Am a lifelong Honda fan.

trekkie report
By trekkie on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

had civic h/b since 1978.. since then honda has slowly cheapened it..the paint is my biggest problem it chips so easily

Simply a good car
By melanie on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This car has been fun to drive, very reliable, and fantastic on fuel economy.