Used 2000 Honda Civic DX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Little Civic that Could
By Derek M

2000 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car after my 16th birthday. It's a manual because all of our cars are manual. I told my parents that I really wanted to get a civic or an accord and they agreed. I've put maybe 3,000 miles on it so far. The only thing that I had to replace was the clutch assembly because the previous owner burned it up. I love this car. The next car I get will definitely be a new civic. My family has bought new accords every 4 years since 1998. It's amazing how good these cars are! It has no blind spots and it's easy to zip around people. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't use A/C so it's not really a problem for me.

Favorite Features

simplicity, reliability, easy to get around, relatively sporty look, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

a little more power, theft system standard

2000 Honda
By Bob

2000 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have been using Honda Civics to commute to NYC for 16 years. always get approx. 250,000 trouble free miles doing scheduled maint. replacing brakes and maybe a muffler. Great cars and fuel economy. Workmanship is top shelf but drivers seat position in this model has been a little uncomfortable, seat needs more lumbar support.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, mechanical reliability,

Suggested Improvements

Better drivers seat for support and wear.

Great Car
By Pete A

2000 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car used 2 years ago, I've been driving it far distances daily as I go to work and come back, it has great gas mileage. Very fun car to drive, might need a little more horsepower, but overall nice.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, looks really sporty, expecially with rims, mine is black with black 18" wheels, makes the car look crazy.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I hate about the DX model is NO STANDARD A/C! Fix that issue, and everything else is beautiful.

Very Reliable Car
By ddly

2000 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have had my civic dx for a little over 3 years. I have not had any major or minor problems. But am looking to trade it in to get a 02' or 03' EX sedan. Great car!

Favorite Features

Excellent gas milage

Suggested Improvements

a/c standard

Choice for the cost conscious
By kt

2000 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

If you check these web sites about how much the Civic DR is still worth after some years, you'll know what I mean. I haven't had any mechanical problems with this car. All I had to do was take it to the dealer for routine maintenance and check ups.

Favorite Features

It's simple and economical. I like the relative stiffness of the handle even though it has power steering [subjective evaluation].

Suggested Improvements

The spring that pushes the stick shift to it's neutral position could be harder. The rearview mirror could be made height-adjustable.