Used 2000 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

will buy another if i live long enough. doubt it.
By george

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

too bad. i missed out on buying a new one. mine is used. a poor sap sold it to me. i have put 120k on mine in past 10 years. i am working on restoring mine now. cosmetically, NOT mechanically. i wish i could upload a pic. even with just the new wheels/tires, it looks fantastic.

I love this little car!
By calisun7

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new off the lot in 2000 and to this day it has been the BEST purchase I have ever made. She has a few miles on her now, over 100,000, and still runs wonderfully and I have never had a problem. I intend on keeping this car and maintaining it to at least 200,000.

Reliability Safety Great speakers/sound Overall appearance Comfort Easy handling LONGEVITY!

There really was not much that I would have changed on this car to be honest. I have had no complaints.

11 years later, still in love
By jimmert

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car I ever owned and I got it while I was in college. It has 92K miles currently and I think it can go another 11 years and 100k easily. I did have to rebuild the transmission 2 years ago due to my lazy upkeep and the short stop-n-go trips I had to work and back. I decided to go ahead with the expense because of the sentimental reasons and during the past 2 years it's been real reliable since I moved farther away from work it's now a 12 mile hw commute instead of 3. The weatherstripping along the doors has cracked exposing the chrome below due to the car being parked in the sun most of the time. Still this car has been awesome, 32-35mpg and I enjoy driving it everyday.

I put in aftermarket stereo system which was easy to do. Car is a good size and sits low compared to many new cars these days. Also back then the EX had everything you wanted, no add on or packages needed it was either the DX, EX, HX or SI for coupes.

Stupid weather stripping on the door. Seems like all the older Hondas have a problem with the sun's punishing rays.

Great to get around in!
By Jeannine

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This 5 speed was my best friend! It was my go-to, do anything car. I drive a lot for work and through the wind, rain, and snow, my Honda got me to the far corners of south jersey in incredible time even in it's later days of 115,000 miles. GREAT ON GAS!! Especially if you're good at stick shift. VERY RELIABLE! Only work I had done was the timing belt at 90,000 miles (which is recommended) and the normal oil changes, air filters, tires, etc. Make sure you don't burn it up too much racing, that synthetic oil will go quick as the pick up in this baby. All in all it was a load of fun and great memories, with no tragic ones.

Never Breaks, Great Mileage
By Jeff

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car 3 years ago in 2007 with 100,000 mi. Now up to 140,000. Have not replaced or fixed anything on it and still runs like new. The design is very nice and I like the sporty look of the 2 door coupe with spoiler on the back. Interior is very comfortable and still looks like new after 11 years. My only complaint is the acceleration is pretty weak. I really don't care though because I average 33 MPG driving to and from work in the City of Pittsburgh stuck in major traffic jams every day. On the highway I average 50 MPG using cruise control at 65 MPH. I have averaged 60 MPG before driving to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh. It's amazing how efficient this car is. Would highly Recommend.

Exterior body styling is still nice even after 11 years. Getting better gas mileage than any of the 2011 hybrids is also a great feature. Also, I love that is NEVER breaks & I have no repair bills.

Acceleration is bad, but I think gas mileage makes up for that. If you want a really fast car don't get this car. If you want a practical car you can't beat it.

• SUV