2000 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love this little car!
By calisun7 on 04/28/13 19:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new off the lot in 2000 and to this day it has been the BEST purchase I have ever made. She has a few miles on her now, over 100,000, and still runs wonderfully and I have never had a problem. I intend on keeping this car and maintaining it to at least 200,000.

11 years later, still in love
By jimmert on 04/29/11 17:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car I ever owned and I got it while I was in college. It has 92K miles currently and I think it can go another 11 years and 100k easily. I did have to rebuild the transmission 2 years ago due to my lazy upkeep and the short stop-n-go trips I had to work and back. I decided to go ahead with the expense because of the sentimental reasons and during the past 2 years it's been real reliable since I moved farther away from work it's now a 12 mile hw commute instead of 3. The weatherstripping along the doors has cracked exposing the chrome below due to the car being parked in the sun most of the time. Still this car has been awesome, 32-35mpg and I enjoy driving it everyday.

Great to get around in!
By Jeannine on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This 5 speed was my best friend! It was my go-to, do anything car. I drive a lot for work and through the wind, rain, and snow, my Honda got me to the far corners of south jersey in incredible time even in it's later days of 115,000 miles. GREAT ON GAS!! Especially if you're good at stick shift. VERY RELIABLE! Only work I had done was the timing belt at 90,000 miles (which is recommended) and the normal oil changes, air filters, tires, etc. Make sure you don't burn it up too much racing, that synthetic oil will go quick as the pick up in this baby. All in all it was a load of fun and great memories, with no tragic ones.

Never Breaks, Great Mileage
By Jeff on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car 3 years ago in 2007 with 100,000 mi. Now up to 140,000. Have not replaced or fixed anything on it and still runs like new. The design is very nice and I like the sporty look of the 2 door coupe with spoiler on the back. Interior is very comfortable and still looks like new after 11 years. My only complaint is the acceleration is pretty weak. I really don't care though because I average 33 MPG driving to and from work in the City of Pittsburgh stuck in major traffic jams every day. On the highway I average 50 MPG using cruise control at 65 MPH. I have averaged 60 MPG before driving to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh. It's amazing how efficient this car is. Would highly Recommend.

Good Little Car and Fuel Efficient
By BV on 06/01/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Civic in 2000 brand new and it lasted me for 9 years until I got in an accident and totaled it. The battery went out within 3-4 years with about 35K miles, the tires had to be replaced twice (could be because I drove to school through a lot of construction), and the air conditioning went out at about 80K miles (Purchased everything new because it went totally out and I live in Texas so I cannot drive without air). Was a very reliable, dependable and stylish at the time type of car but can be very easily broken into by bad people. They break in through the windows easily and they don't roll down again until you get them fixed. Always do the maintenance on this car and get an alarm

Great little econobox
By Adam on 02/16/10 13:17 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car fresh off the lot with 17 miles on it. It now has 198,000 miles and still running great. No major mechanical issues and provides worry free driving with only regular scheduled maintenance. Even with the high mileage I still average between 31-35mpg on the highway!

RUNS - RUNS - RUNS
By Den2000 on 11/26/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this used a few years ago with 80K miles. Had the timing belt/ acc. belts and water pump replaced at that time as per regular maint. Now have 115K of trouble free driving. This car should go 200K plus with regular service. This is a real solid, dependable little car. Keeps on going and going every day trouble free. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

Honda Civic is great!
By JPer3030 on 10/11/09 07:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing...I have 129000 miles and it starts every time right up. The only maintenance I have had to do is the 3 accessory belts and the timing belt, all costing me under 1000 in total (timing belt and water pump was about 750). If you do the scheduled maintenance to this car, it will just go and go. Also great for driving are Michelin x radials for stock rims. The car is quiet and oh so comfortable, however for taller people it is quite a drop into the car...my wife has a Volvo with the most comfortable seats ever...best car purchase I have ever made though.

The Little Civic that Could
By Derek M on 09/29/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car after my 16th birthday. It's a manual because all of our cars are manual. I told my parents that I really wanted to get a civic or an accord and they agreed. I've put maybe 3,000 miles on it so far. The only thing that I had to replace was the clutch assembly because the previous owner burned it up. I love this car. The next car I get will definitely be a new civic. My family has bought new accords every 4 years since 1998. It's amazing how good these cars are! It has no blind spots and it's easy to zip around people. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't use A/C so it's not really a problem for me.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned!!!
By suki on 02/13/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

What can I say, I love my Honda Civic HX Coupe. I bought this car after owning two domestic lemons and could not have been happier over the past nine years. Gas mileage is exceptional, I easily get 40+ mpg on every tank of gas. I learned how to drive manual transmission on this car, so it has definitely been put through some stress and still, she runs like new. For the first 8 years of ownership, this car was virtually maintenance free except for regular oil changes. I have replaced the tires, plugs, window regulator and muffler, but all of these things are minor. Honestly, I could not have ever asked for a more dependable car. It will be a sad day when I finally have to trade her in.