2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Reliable car
By aldiga on 10/11/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 2000 and it has been an excellent and very dependable car. Only issue I had during these 9 years was that a couple of years ago the driver's side window stopped working. Aside from that, a replaced battery and all scheduled maintenance. It does an excellent 34- 35 MPG and handles very well on the highway. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a reliable car.

A Little Disappointed
By jan on 03/08/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Little things on cars tend to break down when it reached 100k, this car was one of them. 106k miles and 6 years later, I had problems with the catalytic converter (I was told that this was the most common break-down for Honda cars). It cost me around $1000 to have the part, and among other things, fixed. The left speaker stopped working right after my warranty expired. The interior of the car rattled and squeeked when hitting bumps on roads. I read one of the reviews and it stated that this model was overrated, that's true. Honda doesn't make the same quality like it used to. My family bought a truck and have driven 280k miles, yet no mechanical problems; only the CD player doesn't work.

Awesome.
By tyler on 08/29/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Nothing to hate about it. After all was said and done, I bought the Civic brand new for about $13,000. Mine only has 39,500 miles on it. New tires at 32k, new battery at 38k (but the car was almost 6 years old, so I expected it) Love the STANDARD air, CD, Keyless entry. Add a trunk light and illuminated ignition as standard for all models. Could use more power, but has plenty for Value Package. Make a power package (power mirros, door locks, and windows) an option for the VP model. But no complaining here.. $13,000 for a new Civic?! Awesome I say! Keep up the good work Honda!

It is what it is - A reliable commuter
By STEVEM on 12/28/04 06:07 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

It's not a performance vehicle right off the lot. But, I needed something safer and more practical than my old truck. This civic has worked great. I've put 102K miles on it, and no problems. Easy to work on as far as replacing spark plugs, changing oil, etc. Gas mileage is great. Commute into Atlanta, and still get 32/33 mpg. Nice to have the CD player and keyless entry. There are plenty of things that could be upgraded on this car. No cruise control, no trunk light, power windows, a little more than 108 hp. However, like the subject line says, it is what it is. It's a comfortable commuter car, and on long trips. Really great gas mileage, and you never have to worry, it's a Honda

My Ride
By runves on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

This car was made to be bought and put ALL the aftermarket stuff you can on it. That is why it is a "Value Package".

hONDA
By KMB on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

GOOD EXCEPTGOING FROM DISTANCE DRIVING TO CITY, I LOVE IT BUT HATE THE NEW ACCORD

nice car, but overrated
By rubykeeler on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

the civic is a nice car for a new driver or someone on on a budget. i only had one minor, easily fixed problem. the other cars drove away with nary and scratch and mine was trashed and had problems ever since. i just ended up selling the damn thing for a nice new acura rsx that had the luxury of power windows. also, the gas mileage is overrated. i commute to college on an all highway route, and never topped more than 280 miles per tank. i get more than that with my rsx. plus...whenever the gas got low, it would take a few more seconds to start the engine. lastly, right after the warranty expired, the cd player went to bust.

hassle free for me!
By hondas4me on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

This is the first car that I have owned that I have found to be very reliable (previous cars VW bug,dodge caravan,ford tempo) we have had it for amost 3 years and have had no problems. the only bad thing was that it took a long time to get parts in when we were rearended. but other than that it has been a dream!

Great car, but far from perfect
By bloomer98 on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

I love almost everything about this car. The handling is nice, you don't have to change the oil but for every 7500 miles, good size/feel, good mileage, lots of good things No repair issues. The only things I don't like are the brakes (they have started to make lots of noises but are only at around 50% wear, just an annoyance) and the acceleration. The acceleration leaves a lot to be desired. You don't buy a Civic for a performance vehicle, I guess. Again, it's not awful, but I wish it had a little more giddy-up going uphill.

Carefree Civic VP 2000
By JPLA on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Reliable and carefree little car. Just remember to do scheduled maintenance and you never worry about anything. Exterior design is not eye-catching but is actually better than most of other brands (except for '00 Jetta).