Used 2000 Honda Civic HX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Best Car I've Ever Owned!!!
By suki

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

What can I say, I love my Honda Civic HX Coupe. I bought this car after owning two domestic lemons and could not have been happier over the past nine years. Gas mileage is exceptional, I easily get 40+ mpg on every tank of gas. I learned how to drive manual transmission on this car, so it has definitely been put through some stress and still, she runs like new. For the first 8 years of ownership, this car was virtually maintenance free except for regular oil changes. I have replaced the tires, plugs, window regulator and muffler, but all of these things are minor. Honestly, I could not have ever asked for a more dependable car. It will be a sad day when I finally have to trade her in.

Gas mileage and over-all dependability.

None

great car!
By manso

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I have had it for a year and I have saved lots of money on gas. I have only had to do normal maintenance on it! I have peaked up to 46 miles a gallon, but stay around 39-44. (I don't pass 2500 rpms) It has treated me very well and hasn't hurt my pocket book too bad. I would recommend the standard only, it has saved me from a few tight spots that an automatic wouldn't. It has a weak engine, but it is easy to manipulate with a standard and handles well. Remember though, this is a compact so it isn't the smoothest ride nor the roomiest, but I don't mind it.

Love the gas mileage!!! I my self can work on it as well. The CVT makes all the difference.

My windows keep derailing!! it isn't hard to fix, but keep tools in the trunk, you can fix it in a half hour if you know what you're doing. Don't get power windows!

Great Commuter Car!!!
By Daily Commuter

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car because I wanted a reliable commuter car. Something I could put a bunch of miles on and not worry about anything but general maintenance. I'm pleased with my purchase. I average around 39 mpg. I changed out my standard air filter and added a K&N for a little better breathability. I added A/C for $800 from my Honda dealer, as it does not come standard. This is not the fastest car out there, but I bought it for it's economy--not performance. Besides that, I love my car!

CVT transmission--very smooth, great gas mileage.

Make ABS and A/C standard.

my honda
By arangoo

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

i have owned my civic for two year and am very happy with my purchase. i have never had any problems what so ever.

fuel economy and price

Economical, Sporty, and Reliable!
By Zac

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

My car; a 2000 Honda Civic HX coupe w/ CVT (Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission).--After more than 2 years I am still in love with this car! It handles great- quick and responsive! Excellent fuel economy- I average 37mpg! Good ergonomics- all the controls fall easily at hand. The CVT never searches or lurches, and it's much more fun than a traditional automatic. I've never had a single problem with this car!

The C.V.-transmisson: it's seamless! When driving up a steep hill, you can select the 'S gear', and the car will FLY up the mountain, easily passing any 'sport hostility vehicle' that gets in your way!

1)Make ABS standard for all models. 2) Have the CVT availabe in the hatchback & sedan in all trim levels.