2000 Honda Civic 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

HX Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
The Best Car I've Ever Owned!!!
By suki on 02/13/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

What can I say, I love my Honda Civic HX Coupe. I bought this car after owning two domestic lemons and could not have been happier over the past nine years. Gas mileage is exceptional, I easily get 40+ mpg on every tank of gas. I learned how to drive manual transmission on this car, so it has definitely been put through some stress and still, she runs like new. For the first 8 years of ownership, this car was virtually maintenance free except for regular oil changes. I have replaced the tires, plugs, window regulator and muffler, but all of these things are minor. Honestly, I could not have ever asked for a more dependable car. It will be a sad day when I finally have to trade her in.

great car!
By manso on 10/31/06 07:30 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I have had it for a year and I have saved lots of money on gas. I have only had to do normal maintenance on it! I have peaked up to 46 miles a gallon, but stay around 39-44. (I don't pass 2500 rpms) It has treated me very well and hasn't hurt my pocket book too bad. I would recommend the standard only, it has saved me from a few tight spots that an automatic wouldn't. It has a weak engine, but it is easy to manipulate with a standard and handles well. Remember though, this is a compact so it isn't the smoothest ride nor the roomiest, but I don't mind it.

Great Commuter Car!!!
By Daily Commuter on 11/15/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car because I wanted a reliable commuter car. Something I could put a bunch of miles on and not worry about anything but general maintenance. I'm pleased with my purchase. I average around 39 mpg. I changed out my standard air filter and added a K&N for a little better breathability. I added A/C for $800 from my Honda dealer, as it does not come standard. This is not the fastest car out there, but I bought it for it's economy--not performance. Besides that, I love my car!

my honda
By arangoo on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

i have owned my civic for two year and am very happy with my purchase. i have never had any problems what so ever.

Economical, Sporty, and Reliable!
By Zac on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

My car; a 2000 Honda Civic HX coupe w/ CVT (Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission).--After more than 2 years I am still in love with this car! It handles great- quick and responsive! Excellent fuel economy- I average 37mpg! Good ergonomics- all the controls fall easily at hand. The CVT never searches or lurches, and it's much more fun than a traditional automatic. I've never had a single problem with this car!