2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
The Little Civic that Could
By Derek M on 09/29/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car after my 16th birthday. It's a manual because all of our cars are manual. I told my parents that I really wanted to get a civic or an accord and they agreed. I've put maybe 3,000 miles on it so far. The only thing that I had to replace was the clutch assembly because the previous owner burned it up. I love this car. The next car I get will definitely be a new civic. My family has bought new accords every 4 years since 1998. It's amazing how good these cars are! It has no blind spots and it's easy to zip around people. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't use A/C so it's not really a problem for me.

2000 Honda
By Bob on 12/26/04 21:29 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I have been using Honda Civics to commute to NYC for 16 years. always get approx. 250,000 trouble free miles doing scheduled maint. replacing brakes and maybe a muffler. Great cars and fuel economy. Workmanship is top shelf but drivers seat position in this model has been a little uncomfortable, seat needs more lumbar support.

Great Car
By Pete A on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I got this car used 2 years ago, I've been driving it far distances daily as I go to work and come back, it has great gas mileage. Very fun car to drive, might need a little more horsepower, but overall nice.

Very Reliable Car
By ddly on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I have had my civic dx for a little over 3 years. I have not had any major or minor problems. But am looking to trade it in to get a 02' or 03' EX sedan. Great car!

Choice for the cost conscious
By kt on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

If you check these web sites about how much the Civic DR is still worth after some years, you'll know what I mean. I haven't had any mechanical problems with this car. All I had to do was take it to the dealer for routine maintenance and check ups.

Best Affordable Car
By sherry on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This is my first time buying a Honda. Although I was going to buy the Honda Accord as my first choice, overall, you cant beat the civic. It is very room, comfortable and very sporty. I would recommend this to all the viewers who are reading this website. I have never had any problems with my civic. The civic, by far, is the best car that I have owned.

2000 Civic,my first, but not last import
By Bullitt on 03/05/02 09:54 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I had never owned an import, and never bothered to listen to those who let me know how great their imports were... well now I tell others how good my import is. The mileage is amazing, and it doesn't comprimise the performance (granted this is not an 8 cyl, or the SI for that matter). It is very fun to drive. Above all else it is well built and still feels like brand new (30,000 miles into its life).

This is a great car.
By talula on 03/01/02 17:37 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Civic as a Certified Used Honda and I'm thrilled with it. I love the fact that the powertrain is covered until 2006. That just feels great, even though I'm pretty sure I won't be needing it to be.