Used 2000 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Why didn't someone tell me these were so fun??
By smooshies

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned about 10 different cars and trucks. This even beats the Toyota Truck that took me to Canada, Mexico, New York, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, and everywhere in between. I bought this go cart from a super shady dealer, but even they couldn't make it not run. Best 5 grand I ever spent. It's comfy enough for my two year old, but zippy enough to scoot around town quickly and easily. And, you can park in the tiniest spots EVER. No complaints here. Just wish they were easier to find unmolested... No I do not want that terrible body kit and engine that you slapped together with your buddies!

Favorite Features

Easy to work on - I didn't want power steering anymore, so i ripped out the pump and looped the lines in like 15 minutes! Much better. Want a tachometer? Junkyard 30 bucks, 10 minutes to install, viola! It's like a tinkerers dream car. Zippy for a 1.6 liter engine. Roomy inside for how tiny it is. MPGs!

Suggested Improvements

None. Everything that I wanted was easy to install, so who cares it didn't come with it?

Great Car
By r3n3gad3II

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my very first car which I got for graduation present. In 9 years that I have owned it no problems have ever occured. The mpg was excellent. Only had to put full tank every week and a half. I just wished it had a little power, but for the price and reliability, it was well worth it. The interior design was a little dull but oh well. This car can be parked anywhere u want. Living in SF with such a horrible parking, takes no time to find parking.

Favorite Features

Easy to find parking, GREAT MPG, handles road pretty well.

Suggested Improvements

No power at all, dull interior.

Loved this car
By jubilee

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Got this car brand new on 07/2007 with 8 mi on it and it drove strong for another 160000 miles until it got stolen and dumped in a river (broke my heart). I loved this car. It was the cheapest car on the lot, but it treated me well. Changed the oil every 4 to 5000 miles. Paint still looked new. Here are the things that went wrong: cracked exhaust manifold after 2 yrs, A/C compressor went out after 6 yrs, driver's side window went off track after 7 yrs. Otherwise, absolutely no other problems. Very reliable, and I'm going to stick with Honda. This car has a lot of character. Other imports always wanted to race my stock Civic, and I can't tell you how many times people asked to buy my car.

Favorite Features

The hatch! Handles well, can fit anywhere, maneuverability, mechanically reliable

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had this car in an EX trim with leather, sunroof, power windows, power locks. More powerful stock engine

2nd DX Hatchback
By CJ

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Civic DX Hatchback in May 2003, I at the same time had a 1991 Civic DX Hatchback that I bought when it was 8 years old (and would still have it, but Husband wrecked it!). I love these cars, perfect for running around anywhere & everywhere. Fold the Seats down, take the dogs to the Vet, load up luggage & take a road trip. And on the Highway gas mileage cant be beat, get close to 350 miles on 1 tank, & then I was REALLY movin (yes, had the radar detector on). Parking is a breeze can park in lots of spaces other vehicles have to pass up, easy to wash (15 Mins). Other than routine maintenance, fill the Tank, & take off! I'll be sure & buy another....Overrall Best Car I ever had.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, easy to drive. Low, almost no maintenance. All around good car, can't say enough good things about them.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats for the long haul

untitled
By nbjhfl,uyhvjhn

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a hassle free city car. Very versatile. Park anywhere, haul a good amount of stuff and reasonably pleasing to look at. Not a car to be excited by but certainly one to depend on.

Suggested Improvements

A light in the trunk space and front seats that automatically slide forward to allow easier entry to the back seats. Also a back seat that folds down completely flat.