Used 2000 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

Gas mileage, sunroof, pretty good interior.

Could use more head room, that is the only complaint I have! But it is an economy car so no big deal.

This car has been a winner
By Jim

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

After ten years on the road and 162,000 miles, this Civic EX is performing admirably. No major problems whatsoever.

Reliable. Great gas mileage.

Sits too low to the ground. Seats are acceptable; could be made much more comfortable for long-distance trips. Too little headroom.

Hondas are the best!
By nowayanoin

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car after owning 4 Saturns which had no problems out of and got an avg mileage of 40 mpgs, I was worried about the price it would be to fix, and up keep a Honda, but have had no problems in the past 2 yrs. Only work that I have done is oil, brake, and tire changes! Bought the car with 120000 miles in 2007 now has 250,000 and runs like the day it did when I bought it! It is a very comfortable car. I am 5'11" and the seats are very supportive and show little wear! Very fun car to drive and gas mileage is amazing, get 34-38 mpg! Would strongly recommend getting a Honda to anyone!

5spd man trans, sunroof, spoiler, space inside car, and power that the 1.6 4 cyl puts out! LOVE THIS CAR.

Great
By neilschmeil

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice overall. It could use some more power sometimes when trying to accelerate. Still in good shape.

Must buy civic version. Better than 2001
By Great Car.

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Driven the car to San Diego from Bayarea and to Reno. Gas mileage 33- 37 MPG is comparable to Civic Hybrid 41 MPG (had 04'Hybrid). Do not bother to purchase Civic hybrid cos it will not get even close to 45 MPG let alone 50 MPG. Sold it and bought yr 2000 for the better power and better driving experience than my other 4-dr 01' EX. Not sure bout Civic EX 2002-2008 version of Civic.

EX power & heavier/smooth handling feel than 01' EX. Interior design superior than 01' except it doesn't have an immobilizer.

Poor noise-insulation from road/exterior. May 1 2 consider anther car for long distance drive. Careful w/ seat belt. Was faulty due to faulty unable-to-release-retractor while driving in the desert;had to cut the belt as it tighten. Paid $300 to replace; should have been taken care by Honda manufacturer