Used 2000 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Another Honda for the history books...
By 00siboy

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Civic Si with 146k miles on it. A few thousand miles later had to rebuild the engine because the piston rings were cracked and lost compression. But every other component on the car works great (coupled with regular maintenance of course). Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms!

Favorite Features

Tight suspension, decent interior upgrades over the base model civics. Seats have a lot more sporty feel than they look. Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms! Just take care of your Honda and it will pay it back! Another plus is that the rebuild did not cost an arm and a leg because its a Honda and only a 4-cyl. 30+mpg on mid or premium grade gasoline. Also my Si gets compliments by everyone I know. They say "Hey nice car, what is it?" And then I say its a Civic and they are always surprised because they don't expect civics to look this nice!

Suggested Improvements

They don't make the Si like they used to:( Sadly its hard to find one that hasn't been heavily modded or beaten by some 16 yr-old kid.

A dual-purpose car
By frederick

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 110,000 miles on the clock and unmolested, actually it was a Canadian Model (SiR). First thing about this car is the handling. With double-wishbone front suspension and independent rear, it just felt like you can go into any corner at speed! However, what makes this unique (applies to all Hondas with VTEC) is the VTEC engine. low-rpm is great for gentle in-town driving (or when you are calm). When you wanna gun it down, just hold the rev up and virtually no other NA cars can keep up with you, not to mention the sound and the turbo-feel when it does that.

Favorite Features

B16A2 is sweet. Independent suspension all 4 corners. Aftermarket support. Interior design - purpose built. 4- wheel disc brake (with ABS for Canadian SiR). Looks just like an EX which makes it a little sleeper.

Suggested Improvements

High mileage B-series engine burns oil. Mine needs an overhaul (weak 3rd cylinder) and I ended up selling it. Auto theft is of great concern for this model year.

Great car, just not that big
By samiam11

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as an upgrade from my 1996 hatch and it was a definite change. There is definitely more power and throwing in power steering doesn't hurt the situation. The power in the car won't put you pack in your seat (maybe at the higher end of first gear), but it's a nice change from the paltry 106 hp of the lower end models. The car has done nothing but run great for me. The only problems I've had are that the alignment of my driver's side window motor turned bad, but I fix all things myself and it was quite easy. The other problem was that the exhaust pipe rusted through, which was also a problem on my other Honda. Again, not much of a problem and an easy fix.

Favorite Features

To me the overall look is great and it still has the compact feel that got lost in later designs. The engine is peppy enough to provide for some fun and the handling only helps for coming fast out of turns... legally. All power options also helped turn me to the car.

Suggested Improvements

Adding more power would have been nice, but that was addressed in later Si models, though torque is still a problem. Maybe offer a better looking interior, luxury wise, even though it is at heart an economy car. As with all older Hondas, better rust protection couldn't hurt either.

Honda Civic Si
By AL

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I must say I am very satisfied with the car. The performance is good the gas mileage is good. Reliability is very good. It is fairly comfortable for the class. I recommend this car.

Favorite Features

I like the four wheel disc brakes. The engine makes 100 hp per liter.

thanks for the fond memories
By t4kinase

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

The 2000 Si is a wonderful car to own; repairs are inexpensive and infrequent, maintenance is a snap, and driving this car is a pure joy. If you want to upgrade and modify, there probably isn't a more versatile car out there. I owned my Si for 6 years, and sadly, it was stolen from me just before Christmas! To whomever did this...Karma is coming, and she won't be kind!

Favorite Features

Electron Blue! Great engine and drive train, always fun to drive, cheap to repair if you ever need to, very versatile to modify and upgrade.

Suggested Improvements

Probably already mentioned by everyone else at some point: Stock Michelin tires were absolutely horrible, flimsy arm rests, pesky antenna, seats could use more support, and I was always searching for 6th gear.