2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Another Honda for the history books...
By 00siboy on 08/14/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Civic Si with 146k miles on it. A few thousand miles later had to rebuild the engine because the piston rings were cracked and lost compression. But every other component on the car works great (coupled with regular maintenance of course). Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms!

A dual-purpose car
By frederick on 05/17/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 110,000 miles on the clock and unmolested, actually it was a Canadian Model (SiR). First thing about this car is the handling. With double-wishbone front suspension and independent rear, it just felt like you can go into any corner at speed! However, what makes this unique (applies to all Hondas with VTEC) is the VTEC engine. low-rpm is great for gentle in-town driving (or when you are calm). When you wanna gun it down, just hold the rev up and virtually no other NA cars can keep up with you, not to mention the sound and the turbo-feel when it does that.

Great car, just not that big
By samiam11 on 11/14/08 09:07 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as an upgrade from my 1996 hatch and it was a definite change. There is definitely more power and throwing in power steering doesn't hurt the situation. The power in the car won't put you pack in your seat (maybe at the higher end of first gear), but it's a nice change from the paltry 106 hp of the lower end models. The car has done nothing but run great for me. The only problems I've had are that the alignment of my driver's side window motor turned bad, but I fix all things myself and it was quite easy. The other problem was that the exhaust pipe rusted through, which was also a problem on my other Honda. Again, not much of a problem and an easy fix.

Honda Civic Si
By AL on 09/20/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I must say I am very satisfied with the car. The performance is good the gas mileage is good. Reliability is very good. It is fairly comfortable for the class. I recommend this car.

thanks for the fond memories
By t4kinase on 01/20/07 07:08 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

The 2000 Si is a wonderful car to own; repairs are inexpensive and infrequent, maintenance is a snap, and driving this car is a pure joy. If you want to upgrade and modify, there probably isn't a more versatile car out there. I owned my Si for 6 years, and sadly, it was stolen from me just before Christmas! To whomever did this...Karma is coming, and she won't be kind!

Still going Strong
By Pchattysi on 05/24/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I felt the need to leave a review again about this amazing never die car. I am the original owner of my 2000 civi Si which is has 89,000 miles now but it is so awesome that I get great gas mileage and can still run with other cars, the only thing i have done is lower it and a little mods here and there but other than that still runs beautiful and oh yeah no probs with it either. I change the oil every 3,000 and tune-up every 30,000 and it keeps going and going and going. If you are looking at this car to buy used and u pass it up u r a fool. going on 6 years now of owning it, don't plan on selling it. if I ever do, it will be real hard! Bring the new Si. Still won't stand a chance!

HONDA CIVIC SI 6 YEARS LATER
By Luke on 03/16/06 11:38 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in college because I needed a car to get from point A to B and that was different and fun to drive. I have had no problems other than what the previous owner had caused due to performance mods. My mileage in city driving has been about 23 mpg while on the highway at 72 mph it has been 32.5 max.I am very happy with this car and love driving it.

SI for life!!!
By b164life on 03/13/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

ive had my SI since 2002, i love it to death!!! poured over 15,000 dollars into it starting with looks, suspension, performance, audio.. would STRONGLY recommend The SI to any auto consumer!!!!

Why I can't sell my 2000 Civic Si Coupe
By J W on 11/24/05 12:35 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Honda really hit a nerve in the 1999-2000 Si Coupes. I will admit that I have done a few suspension tweaks to the rear, upper rear tower brace, and lower rear tie bar. Sportline springs, and opened up the lungs of this little race car with a cold air intake, 4-2-1 header, and cat back exhaust. Short throw shifter, Sorry Honda, 5th gear had me scraping my knuckles on the glove box. Oh and the front seats belong in a Buick. Overall evaluation is that this is still one of the greatest little cars of all time, it makes me smile every time I drive it, and with my specs added is the perfect ticket getter for me.

It's just amazing!!
By Alex on 09/18/05 03:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I sold my 97 Accord EX coupe due to its weight, and bulkiness, but the fuel economy and reliablilty always amazed me. I chose the 2000 Civic Si over the 05 Mazda3, 03 Civic Si, 05 Corolla XRS, Cobalt, RSX-s, Sentra SE-R V, and the 04 Lancer evo (not enough $$). After owning it for over a year, i've noticed how much of a gas saver this car can be if one is easy with the pedals. I've actually documented 30city/34hwy mpg several times after a tuneup was done. It's also very easy and inexpensive to maintain. So far I have had no problems at all. I'm literally in love with this car! I highly recommend a (92-present year) civic (any model) for a High School/College student or a first time buyer!