Used 2000 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I love this little car!
By calisun7

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new off the lot in 2000 and to this day it has been the BEST purchase I have ever made. She has a few miles on her now, over 100,000, and still runs wonderfully and I have never had a problem. I intend on keeping this car and maintaining it to at least 200,000.

Favorite Features

Reliability Safety Great speakers/sound Overall appearance Comfort Easy handling LONGEVITY!

Suggested Improvements

There really was not much that I would have changed on this car to be honest. I have had no complaints.

Another Honda for the history books...
By 00siboy

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Civic Si with 146k miles on it. A few thousand miles later had to rebuild the engine because the piston rings were cracked and lost compression. But every other component on the car works great (coupled with regular maintenance of course). Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms!

Favorite Features

Tight suspension, decent interior upgrades over the base model civics. Seats have a lot more sporty feel than they look. Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms! Just take care of your Honda and it will pay it back! Another plus is that the rebuild did not cost an arm and a leg because its a Honda and only a 4-cyl. 30+mpg on mid or premium grade gasoline. Also my Si gets compliments by everyone I know. They say "Hey nice car, what is it?" And then I say its a Civic and they are always surprised because they don't expect civics to look this nice!

Suggested Improvements

They don't make the Si like they used to:( Sadly its hard to find one that hasn't been heavily modded or beaten by some 16 yr-old kid.

Why didn't someone tell me these were so fun??
By smooshies

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned about 10 different cars and trucks. This even beats the Toyota Truck that took me to Canada, Mexico, New York, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, and everywhere in between. I bought this go cart from a super shady dealer, but even they couldn't make it not run. Best 5 grand I ever spent. It's comfy enough for my two year old, but zippy enough to scoot around town quickly and easily. And, you can park in the tiniest spots EVER. No complaints here. Just wish they were easier to find unmolested... No I do not want that terrible body kit and engine that you slapped together with your buddies!

Favorite Features

Easy to work on - I didn't want power steering anymore, so i ripped out the pump and looped the lines in like 15 minutes! Much better. Want a tachometer? Junkyard 30 bucks, 10 minutes to install, viola! It's like a tinkerers dream car. Zippy for a 1.6 liter engine. Roomy inside for how tiny it is. MPGs!

Suggested Improvements

None. Everything that I wanted was easy to install, so who cares it didn't come with it?

11 years later, still in love
By jimmert

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car I ever owned and I got it while I was in college. It has 92K miles currently and I think it can go another 11 years and 100k easily. I did have to rebuild the transmission 2 years ago due to my lazy upkeep and the short stop-n-go trips I had to work and back. I decided to go ahead with the expense because of the sentimental reasons and during the past 2 years it's been real reliable since I moved farther away from work it's now a 12 mile hw commute instead of 3. The weatherstripping along the doors has cracked exposing the chrome below due to the car being parked in the sun most of the time. Still this car has been awesome, 32-35mpg and I enjoy driving it everyday.

Favorite Features

I put in aftermarket stereo system which was easy to do. Car is a good size and sits low compared to many new cars these days. Also back then the EX had everything you wanted, no add on or packages needed it was either the DX, EX, HX or SI for coupes.

Suggested Improvements

Stupid weather stripping on the door. Seems like all the older Hondas have a problem with the sun's punishing rays.

Great to get around in!
By Jeannine

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This 5 speed was my best friend! It was my go-to, do anything car. I drive a lot for work and through the wind, rain, and snow, my Honda got me to the far corners of south jersey in incredible time even in it's later days of 115,000 miles. GREAT ON GAS!! Especially if you're good at stick shift. VERY RELIABLE! Only work I had done was the timing belt at 90,000 miles (which is recommended) and the normal oil changes, air filters, tires, etc. Make sure you don't burn it up too much racing, that synthetic oil will go quick as the pick up in this baby. All in all it was a load of fun and great memories, with no tragic ones.