2000 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love this little car!
By calisun7 on 04/28/13 19:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new off the lot in 2000 and to this day it has been the BEST purchase I have ever made. She has a few miles on her now, over 100,000, and still runs wonderfully and I have never had a problem. I intend on keeping this car and maintaining it to at least 200,000.

Another Honda for the history books...
By 00siboy on 08/14/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Civic Si with 146k miles on it. A few thousand miles later had to rebuild the engine because the piston rings were cracked and lost compression. But every other component on the car works great (coupled with regular maintenance of course). Great power after rebuild, tons of fun especially in VTEC above 6k rpms!

Why didn't someone tell me these were so fun??
By smooshies on 05/31/11 21:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned about 10 different cars and trucks. This even beats the Toyota Truck that took me to Canada, Mexico, New York, Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, and everywhere in between. I bought this go cart from a super shady dealer, but even they couldn't make it not run. Best 5 grand I ever spent. It's comfy enough for my two year old, but zippy enough to scoot around town quickly and easily. And, you can park in the tiniest spots EVER. No complaints here. Just wish they were easier to find unmolested... No I do not want that terrible body kit and engine that you slapped together with your buddies!

11 years later, still in love
By jimmert on 04/29/11 17:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car I ever owned and I got it while I was in college. It has 92K miles currently and I think it can go another 11 years and 100k easily. I did have to rebuild the transmission 2 years ago due to my lazy upkeep and the short stop-n-go trips I had to work and back. I decided to go ahead with the expense because of the sentimental reasons and during the past 2 years it's been real reliable since I moved farther away from work it's now a 12 mile hw commute instead of 3. The weatherstripping along the doors has cracked exposing the chrome below due to the car being parked in the sun most of the time. Still this car has been awesome, 32-35mpg and I enjoy driving it everyday.

Great to get around in!
By Jeannine on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This 5 speed was my best friend! It was my go-to, do anything car. I drive a lot for work and through the wind, rain, and snow, my Honda got me to the far corners of south jersey in incredible time even in it's later days of 115,000 miles. GREAT ON GAS!! Especially if you're good at stick shift. VERY RELIABLE! Only work I had done was the timing belt at 90,000 miles (which is recommended) and the normal oil changes, air filters, tires, etc. Make sure you don't burn it up too much racing, that synthetic oil will go quick as the pick up in this baby. All in all it was a load of fun and great memories, with no tragic ones.

Never Breaks, Great Mileage
By Jeff on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car 3 years ago in 2007 with 100,000 mi. Now up to 140,000. Have not replaced or fixed anything on it and still runs like new. The design is very nice and I like the sporty look of the 2 door coupe with spoiler on the back. Interior is very comfortable and still looks like new after 11 years. My only complaint is the acceleration is pretty weak. I really don't care though because I average 33 MPG driving to and from work in the City of Pittsburgh stuck in major traffic jams every day. On the highway I average 50 MPG using cruise control at 65 MPH. I have averaged 60 MPG before driving to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh. It's amazing how efficient this car is. Would highly Recommend.

Great little car, very reliable!
By lma322 on 06/09/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 4 door EX model with 87K in 9/09. I had gotten into an accident with my 04 Neon and as funny as it sounds, I am glad that I did because I love this car. It is leaps and bounds better than the Neon I owned that was 4 years newer. Awesome gas mileage, power everything, pretty comfortable ride and runs like it is almost new! I love my sunroof too! Couldn't have gotten a better price for the amount of car I got. I now have 94K on the car and no complaints at all. I will hold on to this car for a while and when it's time for another, it will be another Civic. I am a Honda believer!

Good Little Car and Fuel Efficient
By BV on 06/01/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Civic in 2000 brand new and it lasted me for 9 years until I got in an accident and totaled it. The battery went out within 3-4 years with about 35K miles, the tires had to be replaced twice (could be because I drove to school through a lot of construction), and the air conditioning went out at about 80K miles (Purchased everything new because it went totally out and I live in Texas so I cannot drive without air). Was a very reliable, dependable and stylish at the time type of car but can be very easily broken into by bad people. They break in through the windows easily and they don't roll down again until you get them fixed. Always do the maintenance on this car and get an alarm

A dual-purpose car
By frederick on 05/17/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 110,000 miles on the clock and unmolested, actually it was a Canadian Model (SiR). First thing about this car is the handling. With double-wishbone front suspension and independent rear, it just felt like you can go into any corner at speed! However, what makes this unique (applies to all Hondas with VTEC) is the VTEC engine. low-rpm is great for gentle in-town driving (or when you are calm). When you wanna gun it down, just hold the rev up and virtually no other NA cars can keep up with you, not to mention the sound and the turbo-feel when it does that.

Good Car So Far
By roland on 04/06/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

There haven't been any major troubles about this car. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold and oxygen sensor which cost ~$200, however, that really improved fuel efficiency. Before, I was getting around 28 mpg, but after I replaced those two, I'm getting 37 mpg on the highway. Because it has a small engine the car does not accelerate fast, however, it is pretty decent. The gas is quite sensitive as it has some special fuel injection system. This is an efficient car, but the seats leave much to be desired, they are a bit stiff. I had to buy padding for them.