Wish I still had my '91
By Redrock on
1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback
Bought this DX without test driving because I loved my '91 DX. Mistake. Honda completely changed the ergonomics: being 5'1" tall, I'm unable to rest my right heel on the floor, am too close to the airbag, and the seatbelt cuts across my throat. I hate having to drive with my toes while my arms are cramped against the wheel. The throttle cable kinks and needs cleaning or replacement twice a year, otherwise the accelerator sticks. Whenever it rains hard, there is a gallon of water in the spare tire well. Mileage went DOWN from my '91 from 39 to 33 MPG average. Middle of the line stereo speakers blew quickly.
Favorite Features
Hatch is spacious.
Suggested Improvements
Increase the mileage. Fix the stupid trunk leak-- c'mon, Honda, you KNOW everyone has the same problem. Re-route the throttle cable. Make the ergonomics and seatbelts more adjustable for shorter drivers. Re-introduce opening rear windows. Re-introduce the hatch light.
By danwat1234
on 06/21/12 21:45 PM (PDT)

Trunk leak; Identify the source of the leak and put in new gaskets and use hot glue where it makes sense to plug holes.