Brilliant!
By rohan on
1999 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe
I will never sell this car! I have had it since 2007 and a lot of people tell me I need to upgrade to a better car. I never will, here are the secrets: - They only made a few Honda HX's. Its got a unique transmission that gives it appox 38 mpg. They stopped making the HX's so Honda could come up with its Hybrids! - I got the stickshft. I did change Timing Belt along with all belts/sparks and the ride is great. - I can go from Cleveland to Chicago/New York on one full tank of gas (which is all of 12 gallons!!!) - I put the best/premium gas - yes, thats how much I love this car LOL. Its got 136000 miles on it currently and I plan on driving it least to 300000...
Favorite Features
36 mpg & Stickshift (great control and gas mileage)
By danwat1234
on 06/21/12 03:55 AM (PDT)

My mother bought be my 99 dx coupe back in 2006 or so. Great car. up to 36MPG on the highway, maybe a bit more. Auto transmission. 226K on it now. Yeah you're lucky to have the hx. It has a lean-burn mode while at the same time having good emissions by having 2 catalytic converters. It's too bad we can't mod the ECU on the other civic trims to make it run lean like that. I know it has the VTEC-E to change valve lift too.