1999 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Eh... Automatic DX

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Eh... Automatic DX
By laken on

1999 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

As you read this, please keep in mind that this was my second vehicle and I purchased it from an individual who bought it new from the dealership. When I purchased the vehicle in 2010 the guy handed me a grocery bag full of receipts from all of the maintenance he had to do while he owned it - red flag #1. 2 years later I have had to replace the exhaust manifold and the radiator. Also, the air conditioner is broken and I refuse to fix it for $900. I'm pretty sure it eats spark plugs and wires because I've replaced them twice. It sounds terrible when I'm driving on the highway, shaking & whatnot. However I do drive it a lot and I have put about 40k miles on it and I also get 35-40MPG.

It gets great gas mileage and has only broken down on me one time and that was a radiator problem (it basically exploded).

It's uncomfortable, it sounds awful (all of them, not just mine), and it really has a lot of problems.