As always, Honda delivers...
By saguarobabe on
1999 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe
I bought this vehicle in a hurry and drove across the country in it. It is reliable, efficient, and I get a lot of compliments on it! Being a coupe, it is small and a bit cramped when traveling, and being a four-cylinder, it doesn't handle steep hills very well--you have to keep it in a pretty low gear to retain or gain speed. But the only service it's required has been a different thermostat because I live in southern Arizone. Sometimes the gears are a little stubborn, but maybe it's just me... I also like its interior design...it is attractive and has lots of cubby holes to store cd's, cell phone, wallet, etc.
Favorite Features
I like the cloth interior design, and I like the armrest-compartment between the front seats. And I love the classic- Honda low dashboard...this feature is probably a big reason that I bought this and my previous Honda (Accord). I like the "lip" on the trunk and the newer "font."
Suggested Improvements
It needs more torque!!! Also, my cupholders are not deep enough and don't allow smaller cups/cans/bottles to be placed there without constantly tipping over. I would like to see updated headlights and taillights as optional or standard on newer Hondas.