Used 1999 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Awesomeness
By Jen

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My car is amazing there is so much you can do with hondas thats part of what makes them fun I have never had a problem and it has 85000 miles on it

Favorite Features

It is so much fun to drive. I love how peppy it is. and it is really easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!!!!

I love my Civic!
By Madison

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I would recommend this car to anyone. It is easy to maintain with the maintenance schedule that came with the owner's manual. My car has over 82,000 miles and it runs as well as it did when I purchased it six years ago. I feel confident that my Civic will take me from point A to point B and inbetween without any problems. It's a great buy and runs well on 95 octane gas. That's a good thing with these high gas prices.

Favorite Features

It has a sturdy "feel" to the design even though it's a compact car. I really like everything about it!

Suggested Improvements

More options with the sound system -- I have 4 speakers and a factory installed CD player. I think it should come with 6 speakers and a tape player as well. It sits a little lower to the ground than a Corolla, I would like to sit up a little higher.

Best Buy
By Chad Poulter

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car, It is my first car and I looked around and bargined the dealer down to a good price. I have been very pleased with the car. I average up to 30+ MPG on highway (depends on how full the car is). You will pay several thousand more versus Ford or Dodges similar models but value that it holds more than makes up for that. When you want reliability, buy a Honda. SImple as that.

Favorite Features

Body styling, QUALITY.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like that arm rest. Its to small and a bit wobbly. If Honda is to design their Civic this would be something to improve on. Also the rims are kinda sketchy. Needs higher quality rims.

Good solid car
By You know me

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We've had to put minimal money into this car, since we bought it. Recently we had a check engine light come on and we found out it has a cracked exhaust manifold. No explanation given for this, but considering Honda's reputation, this is a surprise. Has remarkably kept it's value and this is the first thing other than brakes, exhaust and tires that we've ever had to do to it. Nice drive but not nearly as good as the '93 civic ex we had before it. The '93 we had until it had 193,000 miles on it. This one has 118,000 and I'm tired of it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage... that's about it. It's not all that roomy, not very powerful and not all that fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Put better tires on it. We put wider tires on the car and although it is a little noiser, it handles much much better. I little disappointed in the exhaust manifold cracking... I don't think that should happen to a car that is cared for properly and driven normally.

Great Car
By Roy G

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This has been an amazing vehicle. It goes in all kinds of weather and has held up very well. No mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive, Stereo and rear storage.

Suggested Improvements

None.