Used 1999 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Happy Honda Owner
By Love my honda

1999 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

This is our 4th Civic and has been a low cost car to operate with a reliable engine and transmission. We bought this one new and replaced brakes, tires exhaust and alternator by 150K. Repaired electric locks but driver's door is manual since repair is too expensive. With an A/T hill climbing is tough with the A/C on or with a full load of people or luggage. A/C is weak. It has more rattles and noise than our other cars developed and dings easily. There is no trunk light. The trunk opening is poorly designed and tends to channel rain into the tail lights and into the trunk. Cup holder design and location is poor as is charger location. Small items that irritate after 9 years.

Great gas mileage, low maintenance, safe and reliable, low cost car. Nice looking car.

Improve seat adjustments and comfor.t Redesign cup holders and charger access. Place to put cell phone. Better seals on doors to cut down road noise. Redesign trunk opening.

Most economical & reliable car so far
By Anders Seits

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The 1999 Honda Civic LX 4-door I bought new and have owned for over 6 years has proved to be the most economical and reliable car I have owned so far in my life. I am 60 years old and have owned Fords, Chevrolets, VWs, and a Mitsubishi Galant. The Honda Civic might not be as comfortable and roomy as some of them, but it has been an excellent, reliable, cost-efficient car for city and highway driving. The only repair so far has been the replacement of the interior blower fan, because of worn-out bearings. Current mileage is 78,000 miles.

CD player, fold-down rear seats allowing room for longer objects from the trunk, handy size for city traffic

Better speakers

Excellent Car
By Benjamin

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 55,000 miles and have had it for 5 years. The ONLY problem I've had was the starter went out, besides that I have just done regular maintenance and it has been extremely reliable. I previously had a 1993 Civic that just wouldn't die, either. Again, no problems. I'll be a Honda guy for life, this is the most dependable car on the market, you won't be disappointed.

Compact, excellent fuel economy, rides very well.

No cruise control on this model

Honda Civic will stay with us
By Bob

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We've owned 8 new Honda vehicles over many years. Right now we own a 2002 CRV and our trusty 1999 Civic with 105,000 miles on the odometer. This Civic runs as well now as it day on day of delivery and we are constantly amazed at the high quality of Honda products. Although we really like the new 2007 Civic, we cannot think of one reason to let our 1999 go. We change the oil(s) and do regular maintenance on this Honda as we've done on all of our others which have NEVER failed us.

Fit and finish. Reliability. Fuel economy.

love my civic
By Tiffany T

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

OK.... with over 200,000 miles on my civic, I could not ask for a better car. Never had anything major ever go wrong with it.... and going to keep driving it!

nice small car, great gas price

Cup holders are a terrible design! And my power locks stopped working. Have to replace muffler a lot, don't know if that is from being in New York's extreme climate.

• SUV