1999 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great little car
By jan on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Does everything right. No problems.

GREAT CAR
By zc on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

it's a great car. never had anything better. i recommend this car to everyone.

A winner
By KPH on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased a Honda Civic because I was told that it was a great car...no kidding! I have done only normal maintenance to the car (tires, brakes, etc) and still drives like a dream! Will definately purchase another Honda when in the market.

Honda Civic DX Hatchback
By mjlong30 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We've put 73,000 miles on it. No major problems. Haven't even had to change brake pads yet. We've pretty much changed the oil every 4 or 5,000 miles, and recently did a coolant and trans flush. Minor problems are that it seems to get small dings in the body easily (we have three), either that or we have especially vicious people in our parking lots. Windshield wipers are poor design. They have never worked well. We may try replacing the whole wiper arms (front and back) It also sometimes takes a couple seconds to turn over, but it has never not started.

Excellent Car
By eborges on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

Excellent Car for getting around. Reliable and is like the energizer battery.

1999 Honda Civic
By Jake Jake on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I LOVE THIS CAR

Great car (1999 Honda Civic LX 4DR.)
By A. nonymous on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. it is one of the best cars i have ever owned, even drove. I have the 99' model, so not only was it affordable when i bought it, but i have had no problems with it at all. It drives great and my buddies love it. It can be a young single person's car, a retired person's car, or even a family car. If you are on a low budjet for your next car but still want it to be very nice , I definitely recommend the 99' Honda civic Lx, esspecially the black one.

Good Car!!!
By Mac Mick on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

I really love this car. It's been great for getting around the city streets in and driving it on the highway every day to work. Gas milage is good. It did very well on a long trip out of town too. I like its zippiness, I have a hard time keeping it below 80mph on the highway, (That just seems to be a comfortable speed for it; works for me!!!)

Started Up EVERY Time, No Trouble Car
By PDesai on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I actually leased this vehicle, and a better symbol of reliability I have not seen. Started up every single time (summer or winter) and never ever had any problems. The car is not made for luxury by any means, but if you need a quick commute car, this is it! Also, I'm 6'3" and I fit in no probs!

Moms Honda
By Justinkw on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I'm writing this review for my moms car since I can't drive cause I'm only 12 (I love cars). The ride is nice from a compact. No rattles or annoying noises. Wind noise is kept under control, but gets loud when sunroof is open. The only flaw is the audio system-it does not get loud enough to over come the wind noise, so my mom will have the volume turned up almost all the way and I dont think its blasted.