1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Very, very good to me!
By mick on 04/16/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Bought a silver one new in '99 and have replaced brake shoes and the timing belt. That's it.. Besides a plugged windshield sprayer and a fuse for the cooling fan nothing to report. Selling now with 194,000 kms and oil is still always clean.

Redline fun
By bpayne on 03/28/07 09:35 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I loved this car, it's a great high reving b16 engine, similar engine to what comes with the acura integra.

i love my '99 civic si
By larry on 01/17/07 06:46 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

my '99 civic si is fun, fast and firious, if you can't afford a new car now and you want something fast and efficient, get the '99 civic si !!!!!!!!

Most economical & reliable car so far
By Anders Seits on 11/29/06 10:35 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

The 1999 Honda Civic LX 4-door I bought new and have owned for over 6 years has proved to be the most economical and reliable car I have owned so far in my life. I am 60 years old and have owned Fords, Chevrolets, VWs, and a Mitsubishi Galant. The Honda Civic might not be as comfortable and roomy as some of them, but it has been an excellent, reliable, cost-efficient car for city and highway driving. The only repair so far has been the replacement of the interior blower fan, because of worn-out bearings. Current mileage is 78,000 miles.

Excellent Car
By Benjamin on 11/28/06 08:32 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 55,000 miles and have had it for 5 years. The ONLY problem I've had was the starter went out, besides that I have just done regular maintenance and it has been extremely reliable. I previously had a 1993 Civic that just wouldn't die, either. Again, no problems. I'll be a Honda guy for life, this is the most dependable car on the market, you won't be disappointed.

Honda Civic will stay with us
By Bob on 11/15/06 20:32 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

We've owned 8 new Honda vehicles over many years. Right now we own a 2002 CRV and our trusty 1999 Civic with 105,000 miles on the odometer. This Civic runs as well now as it day on day of delivery and we are constantly amazed at the high quality of Honda products. Although we really like the new 2007 Civic, we cannot think of one reason to let our 1999 go. We change the oil(s) and do regular maintenance on this Honda as we've done on all of our others which have NEVER failed us.

Not too bad
By Thomas on 10/17/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

So far i've put 5k miles on the car in the last 4 months. The gas mileage is awsome, i've been averaging 29-30mpg and i'm an aggressive driver. I"m more interested in performance and sportyness ratehr than comfort but this car does a little of both. I drove it on a 6hr trip and I was fine. There is quite a bit of road noise that could be delt with by adding some more insulation to the car, theres only a couple squares of foam in the floor. The car is light and handles very well. The engine is kinda sad but Honda has managed to get well within the 100hp/L, something most american cars never achieve. The stereo isn't all that great and the quality of the interior components aren't very good.

Great little car
By KOby on 09/20/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought it new in '99 and it continues to get the job done with only a few minor repairs along the way. It is not powerful but with a manual transmission it can get out of its own way. The lacks of power is made up for with MPGs. It is sporty for an economy car, looks good inside & out, and is well built-- it doesn't feel cheap. The folding rear seat makes it suprisingly useful, I can put my mountain bike in the back and even Home Depot trips. It's good in the snow with low torque & FWD- decent all season tires have gotten me through several bad NJ winters Drawbacks: wind & road noise, reverse hard to engage, weak A/C, takes forever to warm up in the cold, unsupportive seats

Great for Getting to School or Work
By Jim Bullard on 09/16/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This red '99 Honda Civic has been great fun to drive. It gets about 30 Mile/Gal, and has a new transmission and A/C compressor. Most of my driving has been to get to college, get to work and socially around town. Hardly any highway driving

love my civic
By Tiffany T on 08/22/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

OK.... with over 200,000 miles on my civic, I could not ask for a better car. Never had anything major ever go wrong with it.... and going to keep driving it!