1999 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Unmatched Reliability
By Syed on 10/30/05 19:52 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever bought it has over 100,000 miles and it still drives like new! It requires minimum maintenance while at the same time giving the driver excellent fuel economy and performance! And oh yeah it was also rated the best looking car in its class!

Transmission noise
By Greg on 08/21/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Only problems have been a cracked manifold (Honda has an extended warrenty for this and will replace for free) and whining gear noise from tranmission. It developed this after 70K miles and it seems to be getting worse. No maintenance other than scheduled maintence required except manifold.

excellent car
By Mark on 08/06/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Honda is an amazing automobile. I will only buy Honda vehicles. I have owned and had American made cars and none outperformed Honda. I used to be a Nissan mechanic and always said a car is a car and as long as you give regular maintenance the car will perform like any other. I was wrong! After owning 10 american and foreign made cars and trucks and bought my 11th car (Honda Civic) I knew I had a great car. After driving almost seven years I can say besides normal wear and tear like brakes, oil change, coolant, timing belt, wiper blades, tires, etc... I have never had any other problems except for 02 sensor.

Honda Civic
By Billie on 08/03/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great Automobile - Fun to drive and minimal upkeep. Just check the tires and keep oil changed and engine checked.

The Awesomeness
By Jen on 04/28/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My car is amazing there is so much you can do with hondas thats part of what makes them fun I have never had a problem and it has 85000 miles on it

I love my Civic!
By Madison on 03/21/05 14:43 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I would recommend this car to anyone. It is easy to maintain with the maintenance schedule that came with the owner's manual. My car has over 82,000 miles and it runs as well as it did when I purchased it six years ago. I feel confident that my Civic will take me from point A to point B and inbetween without any problems. It's a great buy and runs well on 95 octane gas. That's a good thing with these high gas prices.

Best Buy
By Chad Poulter on 03/10/05 15:48 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car, It is my first car and I looked around and bargined the dealer down to a good price. I have been very pleased with the car. I average up to 30+ MPG on highway (depends on how full the car is). You will pay several thousand more versus Ford or Dodges similar models but value that it holds more than makes up for that. When you want reliability, buy a Honda. SImple as that.

Good solid car
By You know me on 02/15/05 13:22 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We've had to put minimal money into this car, since we bought it. Recently we had a check engine light come on and we found out it has a cracked exhaust manifold. No explanation given for this, but considering Honda's reputation, this is a surprise. Has remarkably kept it's value and this is the first thing other than brakes, exhaust and tires that we've ever had to do to it. Nice drive but not nearly as good as the '93 civic ex we had before it. The '93 we had until it had 193,000 miles on it. This one has 118,000 and I'm tired of it.

Great Car
By Roy G on 12/10/04 10:34 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This has been an amazing vehicle. It goes in all kinds of weather and has held up very well. No mechanical problems.

both practical and fun
By janie_super on 11/26/04 11:30 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It has the look of a stylish car (when clean), has the feel of a fun college run around car, has good get up and go, and is roomy enough for a family car. Very practical, useful and solid. Also very comfortable and smart. I'm proud to own it.