Used 1999 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Gold Standard
By RT

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I adore my Civic. The ride is smooth and enjoyable; shifting is a piece of cake (I have a manual); while not powerful, it will give you a kick to pass someone if need be. Not a lot of frills, but utterly reliable. We're at 156k miles, and I imagine my toddler inheriting it when he's driving age! Take care of your Honda--follow maintenance schedule, change the oil, fill it with Chevron, Shell, etc.--you're in for a treat. And did I mention that I consistently get 37-38 mpg in mixed city driving? Incredible. Who needs a Prius?

Favorite Features

Manual trans, upholstery, mpg, dash

Suggested Improvements

None. Did I mention I love this car?

Awsome Vehicle
By BigNate

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased this car, I have owned many, many Hondas/Acuras and they build a very nice car. My new 99 ex sedan has always had its routine services, and always done by certified Honda Techs. and you can tell it. It's ten years old, but looks amazing inside and out. Has a auto trans and shifts smooth, and rides nice. As long as you do the necessary work when it needs to be done, this car, along with all the other Hondas, will last a very, very long time.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, gas mileage, reliability, low cost of services, cheap parts, and the great work that Honda puts into their cars. That's why they last like they do.

Suggested Improvements

The single cam engines lack performance, but, they have great gas mileage, so its worth the sacrifice. It just seems the single cams barely have enough power to move the car.

99 Civic Lx
By CarGUy

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car so far, no problems what so ever. Added some upgrades and have turned this blah looking car into something real cool to look at and drive, really a chick car but worth the money for a reliable small car.

Favorite Features

Believe it, this car is very comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really

Great Car
By B Becket

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

When gas prices approached $4.00 a gallon with no end in sight decided to get a car that would get better gas mileage than my Tundra. After doing some research on various makes and models of cars I decided on getting a used Honda Civic. I purchased a 1999 Honda Civic with 112,000 miles on it in May of '08. I drove the car from California to Utah and got 39 mpg consistently. Around town the car has averaged between 27 and 32 mpg. From all I've read and heard about the Honda Civic I'm convinced it's one of the most reliable and cost efficient cars you can own. Solid, reliable, and economical describes the Honda Civic.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability, economical to operate and maintain.

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Buy
By 1st car

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since my senior year in High School. Nine years and one son later I still enjoy my silver civic. Paint is still holding up and still looks beautiful under the the California sun. True it has a bit of sentimental value but it also has monetary value. I've kept up the maintenance with no problems at all; great. The cabin does gets a bit noisy during freeway but not a huge issue. You learn to be frugal as a teenage father and college student; so this purchase made life a bit easier. When you want reliability turn to good ol' Honda.

Favorite Features

Still dig on the styling, lovely silver paint, MPG, fold down rear seats, moon roof, reliable, easy on the pockets.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, itty bitty arm rest a little wobbly.