1999 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 4

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I'll keep it until the wheels fall off
By BustedFlush on 02/24/09 07:19 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Has it been 10 years? I used to live very close to work, so my Civic only has 95,000 miles on it. Had to replace the exhaust line (Ohio winters mean salt trucks) but otherwise no serious issues. Had the fuel filter replaced, new plugs, timing belt and a tune up around 85,000. Someone asked me why I buy cars (depreciating asset) instead of leasing - this is why. Mechanic says this car is just getting warmed up and I haven't had a car payment since 2003.

99 Civic Lx
By CarGUy on 02/06/09 19:05 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Great car so far, no problems what so ever. Added some upgrades and have turned this blah looking car into something real cool to look at and drive, really a chick car but worth the money for a reliable small car.

Great Car
By B Becket on 01/22/09 19:02 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

When gas prices approached $4.00 a gallon with no end in sight decided to get a car that would get better gas mileage than my Tundra. After doing some research on various makes and models of cars I decided on getting a used Honda Civic. I purchased a 1999 Honda Civic with 112,000 miles on it in May of '08. I drove the car from California to Utah and got 39 mpg consistently. Around town the car has averaged between 27 and 32 mpg. From all I've read and heard about the Honda Civic I'm convinced it's one of the most reliable and cost efficient cars you can own. Solid, reliable, and economical describes the Honda Civic.

Amazing First Car
By Hyduk87 on 01/16/09 08:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

My first car. Now that doesn't mean I haven't seen many cars, or experienced many. I've driven quite a few, I've never actually purchased one myself though. But, as for this 99 Civic, I can tell you, even with the problems I got with the car, this is still great. First, the problems. I got the car used, 103k miles. The dash lights won't turn on anymore (my guess is someone messing with the stereo didn't disconnect the battery and fried my instrument panel) but all other electrical stuff works great! Also, the car was tuned a little bit, low ride height and sports suspension. Makes for a bumpy ride and frame damage going over big bumps or steep driveways.

As good as it gets!
By Noles on 11/29/08 21:04 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is a flat out great car. Unmatched reliability for a great price. I have only 84,000 miles on mine and each time I think about getting a new car, I just think about how little it cost me to own this car and I keep it. I get between 300-330 miles between fill-ups and I have never had any problem with the car. Just had routine maintenance done.

Great little car
By happyinmt on 11/20/08 09:26 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car 6 years ago and have never had any problems with it. I've done routine oil changes and had the brakes replaced, timing belt replaced and some new tires. There is only 105,000 miles on it, and it can easily go at least another 100,000. It gets great gas mileage and is a fun car to drive. I will be sad to sell it for something bigger.

my son's civic
By Mary on 10/01/08 14:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought the 99 civic for my 17 year old son with 82,000 miles on it. It has been a solid car and he has not had any mechanical problems. He gets about 32 miles per gallon average. It is sporty, fun to drive, and it seems to be what all the young men are looking for. He plans on keeping it through his four years of college and I believe that it will last that long if not longer.

the highest R.O.I.
By crack on 07/28/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Cars are money pits. There is no way to "win". This is BY FAR the closest I have come to beating the system. 163,750 miles with NO major repairs. Distributor (O2 sensor) is only repair. Replaced trunk shocks but I put a lot of wear on them. I have been using the car for the last 18 months to do landscaping! My friends laughed at me at first but at 35-40 MPG I am laughing all the way PAST the gas station! Will need clutch work soon and I will not hesitate to invest in this car. I am confident I will put 300,000 miles on this car before I am done with it.

Eh...
By Pryscila on 07/15/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car so I babied it. While I have had it over 4 years i've had to replace the AC and the radiator. The car has 146,000 miles on it, and has NO way of going another 100k. My automatic transmission shifts very hard and sometimes doesn't shift, the car's RPM just keep rising until I decelerate. This is HORRIBLE getting onto the interstate or trying to pass a car. The car is not fun to drive. It's noisy and a bumpy ride. My gas mileage is about 27 mixed which is good. I have to put $45 in it every week. The car is also black which has faded in the Florida sun. The paint almost looks none finished.

Still doing it all well
By MaceThomas on 06/24/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

First off, the car has had only two problems in my 8 years of ownership. I had to replace the clutch slave cylinder (very cheap and quick fix - right in front of the engine) and the driver's side window likes to jump the track if you wind it up when wet (Easy fix, but use the bullet-proof and freezing cold A/C). Other than those things, I get about 33 MPG with my foot to the floor when I get the opportunity (Mixed driving) and there is a lot of cargo room with rear seats folded. If you get the opportunity to get a good example of this hatchback, you will not be sorry!