1999 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Money Well Spent
By unkqty on 12/24/07 12:11 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Second satisfied owner - purchased 4 years ago w/upgraded suspension, stereo, & intake. I really like the car and will drive it until the wheels fall off. Although its first and foremost an economy car, it's a really good one. Gets 25-35mpg on 32mi suburban commute and >36 on long trips (more w/synthetic oil). Although it gasps (35mph) over Colorado's I70 mountain passes, it otherwise offers surprising performance. Requires only routine maintenance, much of which can be performed by owner. Unfortunately, arrogant attitude at several dealerships is that Hondas sell themselves, so they don't have to work as hard or appreciate the customer as much - a real turn-off for me.

Civic is best among all Sedans
By Harsha on 11/14/07 10:32 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

I have owned Nissan Maxima, Toyota Camry and Honda Civic. Civic is the best in terms of reliability, maintenance, gas mileage etc. I get 36 miles per gallon in city and 40 miles per gallon on highways. Very happy to own Civic in this high gas prices era. My next car would be Honda Civic Hybrid. Period

Reliable puppy
By Hobbes on 11/09/07 06:12 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I owned this puppy from new. Never been stranded so far. Maintained always at Honda dealers. Flooded out once only to the wet carpet level in a car park! Lose wire which I fixed myself using an ODBII scanner. Great MPG, average over 30. Spend only about $US 18 per week and that is with gasoline at US $3.29 a gallon!

Happy Honda Owner
By Love my honda on 05/22/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan VP 4dr Sedan

This is our 4th Civic and has been a low cost car to operate with a reliable engine and transmission. We bought this one new and replaced brakes, tires exhaust and alternator by 150K. Repaired electric locks but driver's door is manual since repair is too expensive. With an A/T hill climbing is tough with the A/C on or with a full load of people or luggage. A/C is weak. It has more rattles and noise than our other cars developed and dings easily. There is no trunk light. The trunk opening is poorly designed and tends to channel rain into the tail lights and into the trunk. Cup holder design and location is poor as is charger location. Small items that irritate after 9 years.

Most economical & reliable car so far
By Anders Seits on 11/29/06 10:35 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The 1999 Honda Civic LX 4-door I bought new and have owned for over 6 years has proved to be the most economical and reliable car I have owned so far in my life. I am 60 years old and have owned Fords, Chevrolets, VWs, and a Mitsubishi Galant. The Honda Civic might not be as comfortable and roomy as some of them, but it has been an excellent, reliable, cost-efficient car for city and highway driving. The only repair so far has been the replacement of the interior blower fan, because of worn-out bearings. Current mileage is 78,000 miles.

Excellent Car
By Benjamin on 11/28/06 08:32 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 55,000 miles and have had it for 5 years. The ONLY problem I've had was the starter went out, besides that I have just done regular maintenance and it has been extremely reliable. I previously had a 1993 Civic that just wouldn't die, either. Again, no problems. I'll be a Honda guy for life, this is the most dependable car on the market, you won't be disappointed.

Honda Civic will stay with us
By Bob on 11/15/06 20:32 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We've owned 8 new Honda vehicles over many years. Right now we own a 2002 CRV and our trusty 1999 Civic with 105,000 miles on the odometer. This Civic runs as well now as it day on day of delivery and we are constantly amazed at the high quality of Honda products. Although we really like the new 2007 Civic, we cannot think of one reason to let our 1999 go. We change the oil(s) and do regular maintenance on this Honda as we've done on all of our others which have NEVER failed us.

love my civic
By Tiffany T on 08/22/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

OK.... with over 200,000 miles on my civic, I could not ask for a better car. Never had anything major ever go wrong with it.... and going to keep driving it!

Safe Bet
By Asad on 08/18/06 17:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought new. Rear defogger stopped working just after the factory warranty expired. Oxygen sensor and front power windows failed last year. No engine/transmission problems so far. About 32 mpg mixed highway/city and 36mpg highway with air conditioner fully on.

CIVIC LX SEDAN
By carguy20 on 11/27/05 12:40 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've had Civic LX sedan for the past 6 years and have no complaints. The engine runs like champ, transmission still going strong. The Civic is a great commuter car , that gets great gas mileage, easy to park, etc. The Japanese know how to make cars.