1999 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Well rounded car!!

1999 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

Well rounded car!!
By Jeff W. on

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car while in high school in 2007; have averaged 20K a year of mostly city driving and I have had no problems! The fuel economy is second-to-none for the model year... though hybrids may give this Civic a run for its money, for the price, this Civic cannot be matched. Power is decidedly anemic; I didn't buy this car to be a racer, but if you value acceleration at all, stay far, far away. Overall, very reliable, well designed, dependable car. While the power is not overwhelming, for the price, one cannot ask for more. My next purchase will be a Pilot though; the 5 speed in the Civic is fun and silky smooth, but considering the space, size, and power, I've outgrown this car.

Excellent reliability, fuel economy, low purchase price, decent styling.

None-- this car does all it ought to. Even at 6'5'', I easily fit and can comfortably shift. If you have any desire to haul cargo though (even occasionally), you will be frustrated. This car is best for hauling TWO adults and no more. Power is noticeably decreased with five adults on board.