Used 1999 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda win
By ensmnlile on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

Hx has poor hp. But put about $2000 into the engine and it runs pretty good. I beat old and new mustangs and old z28's in it. The exterior needs the trim painted like the ex or si but for about $150 I had that done. Other than that I love the car.

HELLA GOOD CAR
By Willie Huffaker on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I love my Honda. I had a 97 Civic HX and it wasnt nearly as good as my 99 EX the body of the new one is far nicer though i may miss the old car i cant see myself without this car.

Excellent Car
By eborges on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic VP 4dr Sedan

Excellent Car for getting around. Reliable and is like the energizer battery.

Honda Civic DX Hatchback
By mjlong30 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

We've put 73,000 miles on it. No major problems. Haven't even had to change brake pads yet. We've pretty much changed the oil every 4 or 5,000 miles, and recently did a coolant and trans flush. Minor problems are that it seems to get small dings in the body easily (we have three), either that or we have especially vicious people in our parking lots. Windshield wipers are poor design. They have never worked well. We may try replacing the whole wiper arms (front and back) It also sometimes takes a couple seconds to turn over, but it has never not started.

Great car (1999 Honda Civic LX 4DR.)
By A. nonymous on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. it is one of the best cars i have ever owned, even drove. I have the 99' model, so not only was it affordable when i bought it, but i have had no problems with it at all. It drives great and my buddies love it. It can be a young single person's car, a retired person's car, or even a family car. If you are on a low budjet for your next car but still want it to be very nice , I definitely recommend the 99' Honda civic Lx, esspecially the black one.

1999 Honda Civic
By Jake Jake on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I LOVE THIS CAR

Excellent Ride and Value
By al;sjkal;skdj on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

This is an excellent 4 cylinder. With only 1.6L of displacement this car is incredible. Redlining all the way to 8000rpms is a blast, but killer on the gas economy. Enough room in the back to fit 4 average adults comfortably and a very large trunk for this size car. A bit more than regular civics, but it's VERY worth it. This is a completely different car than a regular civic, but it's HARD to find.

Good compact car
By patrick99 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

My previous car was a Dodge Neon coupe, which is quicker than my new Honda civic coupe but the civic is a lot more refined, much better built and looks great. It can easly hold 4 adults with baggage and gives better fuel economy than the Neon. This car is also very reliable.

Its a beautiful life
By Sidriver on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

This car is very fun to drive and the motor can handle high revs much better than most cars. I put an aem cold air intake and once you hit 5500 rpms the vtec is deafining (its the most unbelievable thrill especially going through tunnels where it echoes). Very fast for 1.6 liters, handling is wonderful, and performance overall is unbeatable when you think about the gas mileage you get and the price of the car. and after 3 years, they are still selling for more than $14000, they really hold their value

Nice
By NOS2006 on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

hey all. i havnt driven this car yet cuz im like, 14 but i have rode in it and thought it was awsome. my friend was driving it and he could chirp the tires into 3rd. it was awsome. i highly recomend this car for everyone looking for a fun, stylish, fast, reliable honda. ttyl.