1999 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I Love Everything About This Car
By maddogca on 01/02/13 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

It was my very first car in high school and it has been in the family since my dad bought it brand new. This car was probably the best car I have ever owned! The vehicle is so reliable that you have to try really hard to destroy these things. The seats are so plush and so comfortable, if I ever buy a car with cloth seating, it would be that car! The gas mileage is also quite impressive on these cars. Why I ever got rid of it, I will never know.

Eh... Automatic DX
By laken on 05/21/12 14:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

As you read this, please keep in mind that this was my second vehicle and I purchased it from an individual who bought it new from the dealership. When I purchased the vehicle in 2010 the guy handed me a grocery bag full of receipts from all of the maintenance he had to do while he owned it - red flag #1. 2 years later I have had to replace the exhaust manifold and the radiator. Also, the air conditioner is broken and I refuse to fix it for $900. I'm pretty sure it eats spark plugs and wires because I've replaced them twice. It sounds terrible when I'm driving on the highway, shaking & whatnot. However I do drive it a lot and I have put about 40k miles on it and I also get 35-40MPG.

What an amazing little car
By gmlover777 on 12/20/11 06:28 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This was an amazing car, we bought it in 2000 with 15,000km on it, so it was basically new. It's a 5-speed manual gas millage was amazing. We only changed the breaks and the oil on it, and the only problem we had was the gauge light would come on for no reason but we got it fixed which cost use 35 bucks$!!. Well it's one of the most reliable cars we've ever had, gas millage is amazing. We got rid of it this year because we dint need it anymore it was more of a spare vehicle for use. We got ride of it with 277,500km on it, and there was only a little rust on it. I could of kept it but it served no more use for use since it was a bit old as well.

Methuselahmobile
By Steve B. on 01/09/10 04:50 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I drove my Civic DX away from the dealer in March, 1999 and there are now 156K miles on the odometer. Although carefully maintained, this car has never been garaged and has spent her entire life in the frozen north (Michigan & Upstate New York). My daily commute runs between 70-80 miles. Except for a slightly leaky water pump at 70k and the odd rusty muffler/tailpipe, there have been no repair issues outside the normal service schedule. (The clutch is original.) My Civic still delivers 35- 40 mpg if driven rationally; expect a little less with 4 snow tires.

Great Car
By B Becket on 01/22/09 19:02 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

When gas prices approached $4.00 a gallon with no end in sight decided to get a car that would get better gas mileage than my Tundra. After doing some research on various makes and models of cars I decided on getting a used Honda Civic. I purchased a 1999 Honda Civic with 112,000 miles on it in May of '08. I drove the car from California to Utah and got 39 mpg consistently. Around town the car has averaged between 27 and 32 mpg. From all I've read and heard about the Honda Civic I'm convinced it's one of the most reliable and cost efficient cars you can own. Solid, reliable, and economical describes the Honda Civic.

Excellent Car
By Benjamin on 11/28/06 08:32 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 55,000 miles and have had it for 5 years. The ONLY problem I've had was the starter went out, besides that I have just done regular maintenance and it has been extremely reliable. I previously had a 1993 Civic that just wouldn't die, either. Again, no problems. I'll be a Honda guy for life, this is the most dependable car on the market, you won't be disappointed.

Own a Honda Civic
By LS on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I own a 5 speed, DX Model, with AC installed by Dealer. I have not had one issue/complaint in my 3 years of ownership. The only maintenance costs have been oil changes & brake pads (Boston Driving). Tires are Bridgestone and have worn pretty well. They are due for a change in the next 3- 5K miles, giving them a life of 50K. The car has made numerous trips between MA, NY, & OH and is very comfortable to drive. It reminds me of my old 85 Toyota Camry 5 spd. Performance and reliability have so far been equivalent. Cost of ownership vs value is great, especially if you capitalize on Honda's periodic reduced financing incentives for Civics.