Used 1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

wishing i had my 93 integra back
By cjrock

1999 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

now i understand this car is about value and all, but boy is it cheap. Rattles every little bump i take, power windows hardly roll down anymore, awful noises when starting in cold (dealership and mechanic can't target the problem). I can barely hear a passenger when driving on the highway. I wish my I didn't replace my 93 acura...

Air conditioning (didn't have it in my last car)... sunroof...

less cheap materials, more refined interior. c'mon honda, you have to keep up with volkswagen and ford, i'd almost prefer to drive one of their cars!

Excellent car
By MattAC

1999 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I drove this car for almost 13 years and still going strong. This car is reliable, easy to maintain and still looks great.

Fuel economy, maneuverability, reliability

Interior features, seats etc.

Great little car
By Benjamin

1999 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Got it with about 92k in October(now @ 110k). I voluntarily replaced my water pump & timing belt before it hit 100k, new brake pads (front & back), and rotors. Only engine mods are a Cold-air intake & pulleys done by the previous owner who I'm guessing drove it hard. Window regulators need changed soon, and A/C compressor needs replaced. Drives great, consistently get around 30-32 mpg with mixed city/hwy driving, and I drive very aggressively & fly on the highway 75+ miles/hr Replaced stereo & speakers and tinted the windows slightly for a more enjoyable ride. If you're looking for a low-maintenance car, get a 5spd EX for max fun without as much worry of theft as the SI.

Sunroof, Power windows, Cruise Control, easy to change oil

Extremely useless cup holders, change location of cigarette lighter, have the DOHC instead of the SOHC, takes some work to change driver's headlight bulb

Most reliable car I've had
By Ellery

1999 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Purchased my 99 Civic EX with 60,000 miles from a dealership in 2003. Over 7 years later she's still running like a champ at 190,000 miles. I've only had to replace the belts once and have the routine oil changes and fluid flushes. She has survived three minor accidents without damaging anything mechanical - just the window controls/trunk seals aren't up to snuff now. Hoping she makes another 100,000! You can't beat the value/longevity of this vehicle!

I still love driving this car, how it feels faster on the road and can fit anywhere. I am not the gentlest of drivers and every part on her has lasted longer than expected. Oh, and I'm still averaging 30+ mpg on this 11 yr old vehicle - gotta love that!

The only thing I loathe about this vehicle are the cup holders - my nemesis on many an occasion , there are stains aplenty on my carpet to attest they are not nearly deep enough to keep anything in them around a curve.

1999 Honda civic ex couple in silver
By David

1999 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have been driving this car for 6 months now, and I love it. I bought it with 81,000 miles on it and have not had a single problem with it. If you take care of it and do all the regular maintenance this car will run like a top. In cold weather the gas mileage will be in the mid to high 20's in the city and low 30's highway. Summertime the gas mileage has been better I'm in low 30's all the time and almost got to 36 on the last tank which was mostly city driving, I throw it in neutral and coast down hills when I can that makes the mpg go up. This car has power if you want to use it you have to shift over 5500 rpm for the V-TEC to kick in and then it's fast.

Manual get it, it's more fun and you get better gas mileage. Sunroof, power locks, windows, mirrors, cold AC, awesome styling I have a stock spoiler that looks great on it. Good amount of room in all seats, I'm 5'9" and fit well, not a car for really big people. V-Tec engine!

It's pretty much perfect with the balance of gas mileage and power but I guess they could always be better. But for the money you can't go wrong.