1999 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
226K, super reliable, cheap to own and sporty around corners!
By danwat1234 on 06/21/12 22:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

The 6th gen Honda Civics have supreme reliability, and good gas mileage (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/danwat1234/civic). It does as well or better than my mother's 2012 Elantra! I am the 3rd owner and has 226,000 miles on it, mostly highway. Automatic 4-speed transmission, d16y7 engine. The coolant system has a very very slow leak it in it somewhere but everything else is absolutely perfect with this car. Supreme reliability, great suspension, handles really good after installing a rear sway bar and 205/50/R16 tires. I love that this car is so versatile. I plan on installing a trailer hitch so I can tow small trailers with this car too! This car has supreme usefulness.

Eh...
By Pryscila on 07/15/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car so I babied it. While I have had it over 4 years i've had to replace the AC and the radiator. The car has 146,000 miles on it, and has NO way of going another 100k. My automatic transmission shifts very hard and sometimes doesn't shift, the car's RPM just keep rising until I decelerate. This is HORRIBLE getting onto the interstate or trying to pass a car. The car is not fun to drive. It's noisy and a bumpy ride. My gas mileage is about 27 mixed which is good. I have to put $45 in it every week. The car is also black which has faded in the Florida sun. The paint almost looks none finished.

Incredible car
By Drew Hyatt on 11/14/07 22:32 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over a year now and it currently has over 185k on it. Six mo. after getting it my brother got the tail end hit by a truck and bent the frame but I didn't know until 2 mo. later when I was working on the dent. It still handled great and I found it had been in at least 2 more unreported accidents but you couldn't tell from driving. I even put it in a ditch and a 4 wheel alignment later it drove just like before. I had a minor electrical issue that no one but the Honda people could find, but other than that no problems(it will drive 100mi w/o alternator w/ 5spd, nothing on, and starting twice). Amazing car and I will be sorry to see it go to get a lower mileage one.

Great for Getting to School or Work
By Jim Bullard on 09/16/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

This red '99 Honda Civic has been great fun to drive. It gets about 30 Mile/Gal, and has a new transmission and A/C compressor. Most of my driving has been to get to college, get to work and socially around town. Hardly any highway driving

highly recommended
By Camilla_Roberts on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

When i first decided to buy a used car i was very uneasy and skeptical of every car i looked at. Finally i found my honda civic dx and although it has high mileage, the moment i test drove the car i felt confident, safe, and assured that this car would last and be a good investment. Although i have only had the car a month or so now, it has given me no problems and i continue to feel safe and enjoy driving this car. I really wanted a car with a sunroof, cd player and all the bells and whistles but when i drove this honda- although not fully loaded- i was more than willing to sacrifice for the peace of mind the honda offered.

Fun to Mod
By Brian Ames on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

The DX has a low HP engine which makes it not as good as the others in its model. But the car is fun to drive.

Good compact car
By patrick99 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

My previous car was a Dodge Neon coupe, which is quicker than my new Honda civic coupe but the civic is a lot more refined, much better built and looks great. It can easly hold 4 adults with baggage and gives better fuel economy than the Neon. This car is also very reliable.