1998 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Won't Buy Honda next time

1998 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Won't Buy Honda next time
By MW2005 on

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

First of all, I purchased the vehicle when its mileage was @ 21,000. Within the first year (and at the same "fix it" visit), I had to REPLACE the Exhaust Manifold (had a crack in it) and had the A/Trans. worked on. In 2002, I experienced probs w/the Electrical System. I've purchased at least 4 car batteries since I bought the financial burden! Once again, my car hesitates/shutters, fails to start sometimes, AND appears to have a serious power drain somewhere. Last month I had the battery's charge checked (b/c my car had stalled at a stop sign!) and was told the battery was fine but that my Alternator needed to be looked at (AGAIN!). Also, I get TERRIBLE gas mileage - like 16 mpg.

Easy to maintain on the inside.

Use quality OEM parts; be LOUD about "secret/extended warranties" so that consumers feel appreciated and "taken care of". I'm so disgusted w/my Honda purchase! The Manifold's warranty was extended by the Mnfctr...conveniently, I was unaware of that fact and paid for the work myself.