1998 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Honda Civic (Exceptional vehic

1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

Honda Civic (Exceptional vehical)
By Mike McKinley on

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I've bought a Honda Civic Ex. 2dr coupe, manual trans. A little over two years ago. Even though the car was not in my posession for very long I am very pleased with its preformance as well as its reliablitly. The Civic is a common car which means upgrades/replacements and aftermarket tuning parts can be found any where and fairly cheap. It has an elegant design Both inside and out. However the performance of the viehical is fair. It sometimes can feel very slugish up large hills or with a full car load of people. Steering and handling however is exceptionaly better than other vehicals in made in 98. Overall Its a sporty fuel effecient car that is very fun to drive. Perfect for a first car!

Some very nice features included in the Ex. model are the c.d. Am/Fm radio player. Cruise control. Power windows and mirrors. Though the feature I find myself using the most is the moonroof. It not only lets light in and bring up the mood of the car, but it also gives the vehicle that exotic look.

I've done quit a few of upgrades to my Civic both performance wise and cosmeticly. A few things that I have found was a cheap way to increase horsepower are; cold air intake, performance muffler and tubing, and electronic supercharger. After these modifications it tends to get fairly expensive.