Love my lil 4 banger
By kickback2 on
1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe
I bought this car in 1998. Was my first new car. I was into the fast and furious concepts of things. The only mod I still have left on the car is air intake and the exhuast tip. I have gone through 1 window mash attempt to steal the car. They didnt steal at that time. On the side nice big scrape on the passenger door which I never fixed. Then the car was stolen and took my nice after market system with sub and amps. To say the least I was bummed. They found the car 3 days later. I had my insurace restore the car to stock has I bought brand new. I can say I have repalced several things over the pass 14 years with 145,000 miles on it ans still running great.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is great, The seats are comfy I am 5'11/240. I never really sat in the back. But friends haev said its comfy with alot of leg room. Great long distance car. I took this car from Los Angeles to Vancouver Canada that was a 2 week vacation. To vegas like 5 times. To Big bear 3 times to go snowboarding. Been to TJ ( mexico) and to Az. So all in all you cant beat a car this Honda did a swell job and gotten better since then. My way of thinking even back then 1998 was if anything breaks. Get after market parts to replace it and thats what I have done. Honda have done me well and I will continue to support them. Next venture I am looking at ( Honda Fit 2012).
Suggested Improvements
None to think of. On my part at the time in 1998 I wish I got the ex model. But then again my Dx has been truely a nice car to have own has my first car. I will always keep the car. Even when I get a new car honda of course. My girlfriend wants to learn how to drive a stick. So I am gonna teach on the civic. The new 2012 accord coupe WOW the design looks so nice to look at. Honda people stay strong and true. Sad to say American cars dont hold a candle to Honda. Times change so we have to see what they have for the Hondas this days. Test drive all cars that you can afford and make the best choice. ZOOM ZOOM