1998 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great Car!

1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

1998 Honda Civic Coupe

Great Car!
By civicman on

1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This car just crossed 170000 miles. It was bought new after its model year, so my dad and I are the only owners. The only thing that was ever REALLY wrong was that the exhaust came apart under the car (as it did with two other Civics I know of). It was easily and cheaply replaced. Around 160000 I started hearing a whirring, and took it to the transmission place. They said it needed to be rebuilt, but couldn't point to an exact cause. I did it, and the noise is gone (or maybe just diminished), but I've since become convinced I was ripped off. I expect to get another 80000 miles out of it at least, and I'd rather buy a new engine for it than a new car!

The car is really easy to work on, there is an infinite market for parts to customize it, it's very light and pretty quick in spite of its low power numbers (106hp/105lbft), best of all it doesn't ever break. (Notice that when I took it in it was only a noise, the car NEVER broke down in its life.)

More comfortable seats and even more power. Both of which I'll happily take care of myself! I wish it had a sunroof like the '99-'00 Si models.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review