1998 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 8

1998 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My 1998 Honda totaled.
By David J. Measer on 10/10/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

In Sept. 2005 a van ran a red light into the passenger door of my Honda. I had 44000 miles on it and consistently got between 30 and 34 miles per gallon. I'm in the process of trying to find a replacement

Nice car!
By Yablokov on 09/05/05 02:47 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing. I get great gas mileage. And now I get about 44mpg on the highway(80mph). I put a custom exhaust and a cold air intake; now the car screams while giving me great gas mileage

Best Car I Ever Had
By p. m. dauria on 09/04/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic in 1997. It was an absolute joy to own. I always said that I would buy it all over again. Within the last week I sold it to my daughter per her request and purchased a 2005 Honda CRV. I never had any problems with the Civic - loved every minute of it - would still own it if my daughter didn't need it. And, so far, I have nothing bad to say about the CRV either.

Honda (The Best Car Ever)!
By Ghaith on 08/24/05 07:25 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It's been almost one year since I've sold my 1996 BMW 318 and bought my 1998 Honda Civic, when it comes to performance and reliability I think the Honda is much better than the BMW from my own experience, I'm 6.6 ft and I feel much comfortable in the Honda. Gas milage is unbeatable with a Civic, and maintenance is extremly low compared to other cars and it looks great.

Becca's Civic
By Rebecca on 07/29/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had many cars including an Accord. This is the best car by far than any other.

Better than I expected.
By Karina on 07/22/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

Have 92K+ on this car, and 7 years, and still have one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. Always reliable. Friends who borrow it love its "kick" -- me too. I just don't have a reason to sell it until its an absolute heap! More stylin' cars can't beat its advantages.

This is what most of U.S. should drive
By Jim on 07/02/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 1998. 5 speed EX 2-door model. 146,000 miles. Have replaced the battery once, tires twice, and timing belt and water pump at 105,000 miles. No other costs other than oil changes. Car has averaged 37 mpg overall to date. 100% reliable. A few door dings from the parking lot. Interior looks like new. Foreign oil dependency would be much lower if more of us drove these.

Buy This Car!!
By Elise on 06/27/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I sold my Civic for more cargo room but miss it so much! This was a great car! Excellent gas mileage and incredible reliability, especially for a traveling college student. It NEVER gave me ONE problem. And my fuel indicator would be on "full" for days!! I could always count on this car. Very fun to drive. Honda knows what they're doing! I'll never stray again! BUY THIS CAR! You won't be disappointed!

Aging Honda not all that bad . . .
By Lee on 05/25/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My wife and I purchased our Honda Civic LX new in February 1998. Aside from normal maintenance we also experienced the cracked exhaust manifold problem. It now has alomst 100,000 miles and that his, honestly, the only problem we've had. Interior layout leaves something to be desired and the cramped cup holders are weak compared to other more user friendly designs. Overall the car feels cheaply made. The four banger really struggles when climbing hills and the automatic transmission is kinda jumpy.

Good Solid Car
By HondaJody on 05/11/05 00:15 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

My '98 Civic EX Coupe has 131,000 miles on it now, and it still runs well. I had to replace the cheap plastic Honda radiator, as well as the rubber boots on the front axle. All in all a solid car that I would suggest for beginning drivers and students. But don't expect much pick up power or stylish features. This is an economy car only!