1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Short on dough? Civic's the way to go.
By Joe Kinney on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

If it weren't for that darn school bus slamming into me, I'd still be driving my Civic today. What it lacks in low- end torque, it makes up for once the peppy VTEC kicks in. This car is affordable, reliable, & fun to drive. If you're on a budget, never fear. Look no further than the Civic EX . . . you won't regret it!

Last Honda I will Purchase
By Tom Giese on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

I know Honda has a reputation that precedes itself. That being said I must have purchased that one in a thousand defective vehicle. I have had nothing but problems with my car the past two years(check engine light constantly coming on) O2 sensors, transmission control unit ($2400). The engineers at Honda spent weeks helping service stations. When I tried to contact Honda for help with my problems I encountered the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Again my experience may buck the norm but it has been bad enough for me to catagorically state I will never again purchase a Honda. Cheers.

Great Gas Mileage... most of the time
By Citan on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Decent car, decent ride, decent handling, off the line pickup isn't that great with the automatic, but passing power is decent. Only con so far would be: any time the gas tank has fewer than 3 gallons in it, its nearly impossible to start, the dealer can't seem to find anything wrong with it, nor have they been able to duplicate the problem (always how those things go) Also, the dealership was a ripoff for trade-ins, and are a pain to work with in general.

First foreign car
By GoldenOne on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Love it, love it, love it! I purchased my '98 Civic EX coupe in '97 and it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned. 55k and the only thing that I had replaced was a altenator, which they fixed promptly. My husband likes to drive it and fits comfortably in it (he's 6'4). We're thinking about having kids, so we might look into something a little bigger. But I just can't part with my Civic. We'll DEFINATLY stick with Honda, maybe we'll go to a 4dr or if I have it my way... an Accord. :)

honda needs a truck
By cns7 on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

A vehicle with the ability to let you forget about the hood release and jus drive. Normal maintenance is as simple and minimal as any car since the model T and comfort is good even for my 6'4 frame.

RELIABLE VEHICLE
By ANTHONY on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

SO FAR MY HONDA CIVIC HX COUPE HAS BEEN THE MOST RELIABLE AND FUEL EFFICIENT VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THE VEHICLE WILL START AND RUN EVERY TIME I NEED IT TO. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN TEXAS CITY TEXAS AND HAVE TAKEN MY HONDA TO SEE THE GRAND CANYON, COLORADO SPRINGS, CARLSBAD CAVERNS AND ALL OVER TEXAS. I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH THE MOTOR OR TRANSMISSION. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD IS WITH THE CLEAR COAT FLAKING IN A SMALL AREA ABOVE THE DRIVER SIDE WINDOWN. I HAVE RECOMMENDED HONDA VEHICLES TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES.

Best Buy Ever
By 8AMAKTA on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I just got this car and it's a blast the engine is strong and the interior design is flawless. 2dr feels like 4dr sedan plenty of room for the family.

great gas mileage
By clint on 03/01/02 04:53 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 98 civic hx since I purchased in in 98 and just love it. I was surprised by the peppy motor when I test drove it and am still surprised by the power it has. I enjoy getting 38 MPG in the city and even more on the freeway. I have had no reliability issues, nothing outside of routine maintenance. What do you expect from Honda. I recommend buying a civic if you are in the market.

1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
By cristina72 on 02/28/02 11:43 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car doesn't seem to handle well in the rain regardless of the new tires it has that are made for wet roads. I'm quite shocked considering this is my fourth civic, but after 4 years with it, I'm ready for a change. I find it too small and not a good choice for someone that will have more than one passenger in their car at a time (other than children or short people) as there isn't much leg room in the back.