1998 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

1998 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
215,000 miles-more! just a few dings...
By Hondas rule! on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Went over 214,000 miles...no sign of letting up! Was offered 5k last week, but until I find something as good- why part ways? Car gets dinged up more easily than others... can't get out of its own way up hills but GREAT car!!! buy 2 of them!

I love my Civic EX
By Keisha on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Civic EX used with only 41K miles. Thus far I haven't endured any problems. The car has really good gas mileage. I wouldn't expect any less from Honda. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

My honda
By kjen on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My car has 104k miles and has not once given me any problems...alternater and new battery is the only thing i had to replace

Nice Cars
By Travis Swift on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I got my car as a present from my parents on my birthday last year. It has been a great car, and--excluding the lack of power--has a sporty feel to it. My car is one of the few with a problem, so I get poor gas milage (only about 24 city driving)

The best!
By joe knows on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Civic for over four years and I only had to use the warranty service once. This is a great car. As a owner, I highly recommend this car.

Best first car .. when you're young
By Rich1234 on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I owned it for 5 years. Still feel excited every time I get behind the wheel. It lets you feel all the bumps on the road.. so will sell it once I have a family. For single guy, it is a great toy (fund to drive) and tool (practical car). The only other car that has more fun, among those I've driven, is the TT. But it's twice as expensive.

love the car
By robjohnson81 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

has been an exelent car, I miss it when I am not driving it. my wife loves to drive it and hardly lets me drive the civic.

GOOD NOT GREAT
By markswhite on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The car is a very good car, not a great one as some would have you to believe. It does most everything well. I never get more than 30mpg with the auto. You must push it to keep up with more powerful vehicles. It has had two safety recalls. I have had problems with the thermostat (cracked the radiator), failed oxygen sensor, recurring problems with the passenger side power window armature. It takes a few turns to start and the ignition sometimes sticks. The car is a blast and will out handle many higher priced vehicles, especially on highway on/off ramps.

What hasn't been said about this car?
By spideymike1 on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used as a second car. Have owned Honda's in the past and after test driving this little Civic, I realized that I should still be owning Hondas! It could very well be the only car I would say would last 150K+ miles and still look good! Gas milage is great, the 5spd is peppy. Even the factory stereo with the add-on CD player is nice. What more could you get for under 10k used?

best car for the price level
By akuoh on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Lucky me. Got it as a bday present in '98 and have been driving the hell out of ever since. Installed a CD changer and alarm as the only extras. The interior is pretty noisy. But after renting a Neon for a trip (it only had 3 gears!), I've come to realize how well built and designed everything is on this car. Plus the mileage is great (32-35mpg) and no mechnical troubles at all. Great car all around. Sure, I can always want more things in a car, but I won't need it outside of what my Civic has offered.