1998 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews 6

1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
MY CUTE CAR
By Alisha on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I love my honda civic, its cute and fun to drive. VERY RELIABLE!!! I have never had to put any money into fixing anything, only the 70,000 mile tune up- $300. The interior of the car is great,nothing rattles and nothing is loose. Gets great gas mileage. Not much speed, or much room in the back seat, but that's ok.. My ONLY complaint is the exterior of the car dents VERY easily. You could take your finger and slightly push on it and it dents. When I first got my car there were no dents just a few, barley visible paint chips on one side. Now I have numerous dents, small but still frustrating to have. Overall a great car

Couldn't be more happy
By bellabug on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 98. I have NEVER had a single problem with it. I've kept up with the regular maintenance and it runs great! I have never had a worry about it failing on me. I've driven it accross country many times. I am sold on Hondas forever!

Love my Honda
By Tooch92 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This is my first Honda and I love it. It is so dependable. I live in upstate NY and drove home this year on Christmas Day- anyone living anywhere near this area remembers how many feet of snow we had! It is reliable, in excellent mechanical and physical condition and I would love to keep it forever!

Great Car
By Ben Hill on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

This car is a great car for first time buyers.

good job
By germaine on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

good handeling not the best on deep snow or ice but hold it's own. Didn't intend to modify it it just got out of controal, but still love it. wish it had a 6th gear for the hiway.

Great Car For Anyone
By Amous on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

This is a perfect car for anyone. I love everything about it I have had this car since 1999 and it is now 2003 and have never had any problems with it. The gas mileage is great and the car is very sturdy in its build. The car is very roomy for a smaller style car. I would highly reccomend this car to anybody who is looking for a lower priced car.

will miss my honda
By samehelsaid on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I got my honda new in 8/98.I was very happy when I got it and still very happy now. it's unbleivably reliable. it's fun to drive if you can't afford a stonger car, I felt the need for more power on several occasions but hay I can't get a porche. I changed the factory speakers with a polk ones and added a CD changer to enjoy my CDs. now since we just had a baby, a coupe is not convenient at all, I'm trying to buy an old SUV but everytime I test drive one I feel how good is my honda and I back off. the moral of the story is " buy it if you can't afford a stronger car and if you know you will not have a baby in the next 5 years "

Only nice at high speeds.
By K Reeves on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

My 98 honda civic was the first new car I purchased. I have not been as satisfied I would have liked. The headliner (around the sunroof) started to squeak around 12,000 and needed 3 visits to the dealership before being fixed. The car has not started on two or three ocassions, according to the dealer the engine was flooded.Also now it is only 4 years old, has been very well maintaned and barely passes smog this year.

awesome little car
By Archey on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 98 civic in 2000 and have never had a problem with it. I commuted over 100 miles on most days to go from home to college to work and then back home. Never one problem. It got great gas milage, a big plus for me. It even did good in the snow, especially with studded snow tires. Even though my car has nearly 100K on it, it's still going strong. My family buys only Hondas and have never had problems with any of them.

I love this car
By tubachubbs on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car right before the school year started and I love it. The interior is very well designed and I prefer the dash location for the power sunroof, though there are those that despise it. My auto does suffer from horribly slow upshifts, however, though it is still very fun to drive. The best thing about this car is the pelithora of aftermarket parts that can be utilized to make the car your own and increase performance. The only thing I would change about my car would be to throw out the auto a put a five-speed manuel in it. I have driven manuel versions and they are the best.