Used 1998 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic LX 1998
By Deeblacke

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car when it had 125K miles and i have had for 3 yrs. Now it has 195,000 and still going strong. The only major breakdown i had was with the clutch but other than that it's a good car. I intend to drive it until it has 400K

Amazing little car
By Ed

1998 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic new in 1998 and kept it for nearly 11 years. In that time I had to make only two unscheduled repairs: first to replace the muffler and then the power window regulator. Overall it's been a great car - reliable, fuel efficient, and pretty fun to drive, especially with the manual transmission.

Stellar reliability - these cars easily hit 200K miles with minimal repairs; fuel efficiency - I routinely get around 34 mpg.

Reduce road/engine noise; improve exterior paint (wears easily especially if exposed to a lot of sun)... that's about it.

Reliable but Noisy and Low
By eyendall

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been driving it for almost 10 years in all kinds of weather conditions. It is a good car: well built, good finish, reliable, and economical on gas and repair bills. The only major faults I have with it are excessive highway noise and a low door sill making it difficult to get in and out of the car.

Mechanical reliability.

Better sound insulation and higher door sill.

Bulletproof
By kennj

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought with 65000 miles on it, now have 190000 and it is still going strong. Drive 100 miles a day and it has been totally reliable. I have not done a timing belt since I got it. Great MPG, 34 up to 40 on occassions. My first Honda after many Toyotas. They make a terrific car for commuters like me.

RELIABILITY

None

Great, dependable little car
By f150xltgirl

1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love my cCvic, it was the best vehicle purchase I have made. I drive it on a 97 mile round trip daily and have not had any problems with it in five years. I would highly recommend a 98 Honda Civic EX!

Sunroof, keyless entry

Do not route the keyless entry system through the radio. I only have an AM/FM radio without a cassttte or CD player. I wanted to put in a new radio, but was unable to do so without affecting my keyless entry.