1998 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 3

1998 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My Best Friend
By ALEX on 03/15/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I've bought my civic last year when it had 77K miles. So far I have driven 10K miles and no problems at all. Although the car is not flashy or fast, it is very reliable and can take your from point A to point B with low gas usage. The handling is very nice and this car will look very nice with some sporty rims or a spoiler. I am planning on keeping it until I finish college, and then buying a newer civic! :)

Still Going Strong
By PSUEng on 03/09/10 06:33 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I wrote a review on this car back in March 2008 after I purchased. I currently have 102,000 miles and this car is still cranking out the miles. Since last August(95,000 miles or so) I had a front passenger axle replaced due to CV boot/joint failure; AC system serviced; brake system serviced (but no new pads/rotors needed!); over the axle pipe on the exhaust replaced; new spark plugs and my oil pan gasket was leaking. All this totaled about $800 parts/labor at my indy mechanic. I may have a front crank seal leaking and the clutch is going, but we'll see. It burns no oil and has yet to leave me stranded. Started every time this past winter in frigid outside temps. Fantastic little car.

good little car
By tlt858 on 02/24/10 19:46 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Good little car. I've been driving this car for more than 5 years, and have had very little go wrong with it. Great gas mileage, good pep, really comfortable. My car has over 200K miles on it, and it is still going strong.

200k and still strong!
By Heather on 02/08/10 18:38 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I am a Honda Fan! My '98 Civic has over 200,000 and is still going strong (this is my 2nd, the first was a 1990 with 109K). She's had a few problems, but who hasn't? The A/C system was replaced when she was 7. I had to replace the odometer cable. When she was 10, the radiator and ignition coil was replaced. Understandable at her age. Overall, she has been a wonderful little car. Fairly zippy, she's not a Porsche, but she gets me onto the freeway with no problems. The interior is completely intact, nothing broken or fallen apart. In the last year (she's now 12) the dash lights for the air system have faded...haven't asked the dealer about it. I give the Honda a 10 star rating.

Awesome Car
By NPW on 02/04/10 06:26 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Had no major issues. Had to replace the AC compressor at about 130K. It was a great drive. This was my first new car. I used it till someone else decided that they needed it more than I did and stole it!

My favorite car ever
By Civicpride on 01/18/10 13:26 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car ever. I have almost 150,000 miles on it, taught my kid to drive it (hence, all the dings) and other than replacing the catalytic converter I have only done scheduled maintenance. Runs like a top. I was too tall to get the EX and maybe that's a good thing.

Satisfied
By Rusty on 01/07/10 11:26 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for my high school son six years ago with 63000 miles. He's put on another 119000 hard miles on it. During most of this time the only thing required was regular maintenance (fluids, filters, plugs, belts, blades and hoses). Did replace radiator last year(an easy self-install for $100). Just last month was first major problem - oil pump died and engine fried. Replaced it with a used moter that had 79K and while everything was apart replaced the clutch, water pump, belts and she's ready for the road again. I guess the A/C, CV joints and power windows are eventually due to fail, but so far so good.

The Best Little Honda ever
By Rachael on 12/08/09 17:29 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I ran my little red 98 Honda civic dx into the ground. I was hoping it would last me until I graduated college but after almost 9 years it's time had come...a piston broke in the engine which would have been twice as much as the car. She had a long run. She went through 5 break ins, 5 stolen radios, 2 mufflers and exhaust systems, 2 windshield replacements, 2 window cranks, 2 sideview mirrors, a starter, sparkplugs and 4 accidents one being with a 10-point buck at 70 mph. Although she shook when I got her to 80, she rode right along at 120. Although the interior and exterior wasn't anything fancy, she ran long and hard through thick and thin. RIP little Honda...best car ever.

Good solid car, but unexpected repairs
By JAprill on 10/03/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this Honda in April of 2004 with 106,000 miles on it. It drove great and looked great. It lasted me through two years of high school and four years of college. After about 150,000 miles, the repairs started getting more expensive and frequent. The exhaust system was a major problem- - the entire system needed to be replaced. A check engine light came on at 175,000 miles and after many diagnostic tests it was found that the computer was fried-- costing around 1200. Overall good car. Big problems to look out for: electrical and exhaust.

Most Reliable Car Ever Made!!!
By INVNTDTHWHL on 07/31/09 15:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1998 Honda Civic HX brand new and have been driving it ever since. I have taken moderate care of it over the years and it doesn't matter. It just keeps going strong. Honda must have made these cars for people like me who wait a few extra thousand miles to change their oil and rarely look under the hood. I call my Honda "The Mule" because you can beat the hell out of it and it will get you to work the next day no matter what. Never had a problem and will surely buy a Honda the next time around.