Used 1998 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

good car
By swanny4

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic 6 years ago on a junk title. It has always started for me and never let me down. It is so faithful that I am even bored with it! What a good car. Nothing exciting, just faithful.

reliability is just incredible.

paint is junk.

1998 Honda Civic
By arcticman1

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have not been very happy with this car. From the paint peeling to the door handles breaking and wiper motors not working. Now at 155k, a deep knock in the engine (most likely a rod) I'm done with Honda!

Love this Car!!!
By cobraboy1

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this little coupe! I bought it when I was unemployed for a year and needed something to drive that would be economical, inexpensive, and fuel effeciency. It has done all of things and more. It's comfortable, handles well, and is fun to drive. I bought my 1998 Civic with 95k miles, it now has 115k after 10months of absolutely flawless ownership. Just maintence costs and gas. I get 34mpg in mixed driving and 38mpg highway. cheap alternative no more, I'm a civic believer.

Love the power, handling, and most of all the mpg's!

The only thing about this car that I'm not a big fan of is the way the wind pushes it around on the highway, but to solve that would mean more weight. So I think that I can live with it.

Love My Honda XD
By jamie_taylor

1998 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I love my little red Honda! It currently has 199,602 miles on it, I have had it for about 3 years now and I have never had a car that has has this much fuel economy and power and still runs like new at 200k miles! I have done some minor modifications on this car, and now have about 55+mpg highway and about 45+city. All I did was put in performance spark plugs, wires and distributor, run full synthetic oil, and cold air intake with a k&n Filter (It cost me all of about 100 bucks)! I was always sceptical of 'Ricers' (this car was a gift from my fiance) and I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!! I love my Honda :) It has been nothing but an exceptional vehicle, I am planning on making it last to 400k miles..

The Fuel Economy is amazing ( A new hybrid cannot even compare)! It never gives me too many problems! It is low cost for maintenance (even if the parts are a pain to find) It is an amazing piece of machinery, Honda certainly knew what to do when making this car. When will the competition be able to compete?! I have been a mechanic all of my life and I am constantly amazed by my Little Red Honda!!

None, save for MAKE THEM AGAIN!! No changes, this same car, brand new so I can have a new to break in so it will last even longer than the one I already have! Thank you Honda!!!

Very Reliable Economical Transportation
By exhaust_fan

1998 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about six years and have only done one repair. Replaced the windshield wiper motor. Everything else has been maintenance. I get excellent gas mileage. 34-44. Great commuter car

Reliability Gas mileage

Maybe a little more bolster in the seats

• SUV