1998 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 13

1998 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My honda
By kjen on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My car has 104k miles and has not once given me any problems...alternater and new battery is the only thing i had to replace

Nice Cars
By Travis Swift on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I got my car as a present from my parents on my birthday last year. It has been a great car, and--excluding the lack of power--has a sporty feel to it. My car is one of the few with a problem, so I get poor gas milage (only about 24 city driving)

DX Hatchback
By keotypes on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I purchase this car as a daily driver. It drives great and for such a small car, the ride is pretty good. I like to drive pretty hard and so far the car has taken everything I've thrown at it with aplomb. It also gets great gas mileage, though at the expense of some performance. Acceleration is only average (especially on hills) and I find myself having to hold onto a gear during acceleration because the gears are so widely spaced, when I shift the rpms drop way out of the powerband. Overall the car drives great, and if Honda's reputation serves me right, it should for quite some time.

The best!
By joe knows on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Civic for over four years and I only had to use the warranty service once. This is a great car. As a owner, I highly recommend this car.

Great Car
By Ben Hill on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This car is a great car for first time buyers.

Best first car .. when you're young
By Rich1234 on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I owned it for 5 years. Still feel excited every time I get behind the wheel. It lets you feel all the bumps on the road.. so will sell it once I have a family. For single guy, it is a great toy (fund to drive) and tool (practical car). The only other car that has more fun, among those I've driven, is the TT. But it's twice as expensive.

love the car
By robjohnson81 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

has been an exelent car, I miss it when I am not driving it. my wife loves to drive it and hardly lets me drive the civic.

Great Car For Anyone
By Amous on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This is a perfect car for anyone. I love everything about it I have had this car since 1999 and it is now 2003 and have never had any problems with it. The gas mileage is great and the car is very sturdy in its build. The car is very roomy for a smaller style car. I would highly reccomend this car to anybody who is looking for a lower priced car.

good job
By germaine on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

good handeling not the best on deep snow or ice but hold it's own. Didn't intend to modify it it just got out of controal, but still love it. wish it had a 6th gear for the hiway.

will miss my honda
By samehelsaid on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I got my honda new in 8/98.I was very happy when I got it and still very happy now. it's unbleivably reliable. it's fun to drive if you can't afford a stonger car, I felt the need for more power on several occasions but hay I can't get a porche. I changed the factory speakers with a polk ones and added a CD changer to enjoy my CDs. now since we just had a baby, a coupe is not convenient at all, I'm trying to buy an old SUV but everytime I test drive one I feel how good is my honda and I back off. the moral of the story is " buy it if you can't afford a stronger car and if you know you will not have a baby in the next 5 years "