1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Dependable/Reliable Car
By lillykayda on 02/17/12 11:58 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in April 1998. I've owned this car for almost 14 years. I get regular oil changes. The car now has > 208,000 miles and it still runs great. It still has the original clutch and usually gets 35 mpg and have gotten over 38 mpg at times. I've had to replace the battery twice, front brakes once & muffler once. I will be needing new brake pads on the front and rear soon though. Last year the driver side window got off track and had to be taken apart to fix. The radio volume adjuster doesn't work right. The roof interior where the moonroof is worn. There are some usual exterior flaws. All in all, I've definitely got my money worth. Hoping to get this good with next vehicle.

1998 Honda Civic
By arcticman1 on 04/12/11 21:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have not been very happy with this car. From the paint peeling to the door handles breaking and wiper motors not working. Now at 155k, a deep knock in the engine (most likely a rod) I'm done with Honda!

Love this Car!!!
By cobraboy1 on 04/11/11 22:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this little coupe! I bought it when I was unemployed for a year and needed something to drive that would be economical, inexpensive, and fuel effeciency. It has done all of things and more. It's comfortable, handles well, and is fun to drive. I bought my 1998 Civic with 95k miles, it now has 115k after 10months of absolutely flawless ownership. Just maintence costs and gas. I get 34mpg in mixed driving and 38mpg highway. cheap alternative no more, I'm a civic believer.

Love My Car
By smiley2006 on 08/14/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I got my car over three years ago and it runs great. I have had to only fix minor things and thats usually my fault. I had to replace a door handle from a bad storm a few years ago (I just kept pulling). My car is great its fast, cute and great with gas. I am only getting rid of my car to get a 4 wheel drive SUV also going to be a Honda. I changed my family from Chevy lovers to Honda with my car.

Toyota Man Now a Honda Man!
By So far, SO damn good on 08/09/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my car with somewhere around 158,000 miles on it. I have had the car for 20 months and it has run like a champ since I have had it. I know these cars run a long time so I decided to take the plunge and redo a whole new suspension system on the car for over 1000+$. Also, I am even considering having it repainted because, again, I know that historically speaking, it should run for a long time and will be worth the investment. Since I have owned the car, I have only had one issue with the car which was a couple days where it was over heating. The only reason it was over heating was because the coolant was bone dry. This was my fault though for neglecting this, cost me 10$ for coolant

98 Honda Civic
By Jess on 07/12/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I recently sold this car for a Honda CR-V but I owned her for 8 1/2 years and sold her with 178k and had very little issues other then Normal R&M. I always did the recommend maintenance and changed the oil every 3k.

Still Going Strong
By PSUEng on 03/09/10 06:33 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I wrote a review on this car back in March 2008 after I purchased. I currently have 102,000 miles and this car is still cranking out the miles. Since last August(95,000 miles or so) I had a front passenger axle replaced due to CV boot/joint failure; AC system serviced; brake system serviced (but no new pads/rotors needed!); over the axle pipe on the exhaust replaced; new spark plugs and my oil pan gasket was leaking. All this totaled about $800 parts/labor at my indy mechanic. I may have a front crank seal leaking and the clutch is going, but we'll see. It burns no oil and has yet to leave me stranded. Started every time this past winter in frigid outside temps. Fantastic little car.

200k and still strong!
By Heather on 02/08/10 18:38 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I am a Honda Fan! My '98 Civic has over 200,000 and is still going strong (this is my 2nd, the first was a 1990 with 109K). She's had a few problems, but who hasn't? The A/C system was replaced when she was 7. I had to replace the odometer cable. When she was 10, the radiator and ignition coil was replaced. Understandable at her age. Overall, she has been a wonderful little car. Fairly zippy, she's not a Porsche, but she gets me onto the freeway with no problems. The interior is completely intact, nothing broken or fallen apart. In the last year (she's now 12) the dash lights for the air system have faded...haven't asked the dealer about it. I give the Honda a 10 star rating.

This car is indestructible
By CP on 07/08/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

My 98 Civic is the best car I've ever had, and when (if) it eventually dies there is no way I'll consider anything else but another Civic. I have driven this thing into the ground and it has never had the slightest problem. 169,000 miles on it so far, and it looks its age, but it NEVER GIVES UP. All it wants is the usual oil change and minor checkup every three months and it will go forever. I never get less than 30mpg out of it. I cannot imagine WHAT you'd have to do to this car to break it. I use it for the daily commute, plus several longer road trips every year, and even offroad once down a 4WD-only jeep track (stupid, but it survived).

Excellent car!
By ilovemyhonda on 07/06/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've had my Honda for 7 years, and it has been the most reliable car I could ask for. I've gotten in 2 significant car accidents, and after getting the body repaired, it still runs great. Rattles a little bit now, but that's expected for how old it is. GREAT gas mileage. Have had to repair absolutely NOTHING, and it now has 150k miles. Very, very reliable. Would recommend to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5 next »