1998 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
good car
By swanny4 on 04/13/11 23:47 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic 6 years ago on a junk title. It has always started for me and never let me down. It is so faithful that I am even bored with it! What a good car. Nothing exciting, just faithful.

Reliable
By Bob on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 144K miles on it, from someone who commuted 140 miles a day. It now has 226K miles. I am conscientious about recommended maintenance, and of course brakes and exhaust have been replaced. Other than that the ONLY repairs have been a squealing idler pulley, and the ignition switch replaced under a recall. Still rides and handles well, looks good, no rattles.

Just hit 150,000 miles.
By Lianger on 03/22/10 07:40 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I got my 98 civic 4dr ex my junior year of high school. I'm still driving after 11 years. I just hit 150,000 miles with all the commuting back and forth to work and back. It's about a 50 mile commute round trip. This is my first car and it's going to be sad when I have to let him. A lot of good memories. No major issue and very reliable car. I have gone through about 4 or 5 sets of tires, 3 brakes and rotors, 2 exhaust pipes, replaced 1 turn signal light bulb, Timing belt, water pump, 2 CV boots (city has a lot of pot holes), and a turn up. The worst thing that happen was a crack gasket which cause the antifreeze to leak.

good little car
By tlt858 on 02/24/10 19:46 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Good little car. I've been driving this car for more than 5 years, and have had very little go wrong with it. Great gas mileage, good pep, really comfortable. My car has over 200K miles on it, and it is still going strong.

Reliable but Noisy and Low
By eyendall on 08/19/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been driving it for almost 10 years in all kinds of weather conditions. It is a good car: well built, good finish, reliable, and economical on gas and repair bills. The only major faults I have with it are excessive highway noise and a low door sill making it difficult to get in and out of the car.

Bulletproof
By kennj on 02/10/08 12:43 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought with 65000 miles on it, now have 190000 and it is still going strong. Drive 100 miles a day and it has been totally reliable. I have not done a timing belt since I got it. Great MPG, 34 up to 40 on occassions. My first Honda after many Toyotas. They make a terrific car for commuters like me.

Great, dependable little car
By f150xltgirl on 02/05/08 04:38 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I love my cCvic, it was the best vehicle purchase I have made. I drive it on a 97 mile round trip daily and have not had any problems with it in five years. I would highly recommend a 98 Honda Civic EX!

Reliable Economy Car
By jkwcivil on 11/24/07 20:42 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My father-in-law purchased this car for my wife while we were still dating. That was about 6 years ago when it had approximately 40,000 miles. The car now has over 155,000 and is still running strong. We have the oil changed every 3,000 miles and do the other maintenance that is recommended by the manufacturer. The car has proven to be a hassel free daily driver and I expect that will continue well into the future.

Excellent reliability
By CBdriver on 01/30/06 16:18 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for the reliability and I have not been disappointed. I go for my oil changes and everything runs smoothly. It is a peppy car for a 4 cyl and is comfortable, though I am short. The gas mileage is incredible, I can get over 30 MPG when I am driving mainly on the highway though generally now it is about 28 with mainly city driving. That is often with the sunroof open. I am considering a new car and may get another Civic but will definitely get a Honda based on my experience with this car.

Best Car I Ever Had
By p. m. dauria on 09/04/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic in 1997. It was an absolute joy to own. I always said that I would buy it all over again. Within the last week I sold it to my daughter per her request and purchased a 2005 Honda CRV. I never had any problems with the Civic - loved every minute of it - would still own it if my daughter didn't need it. And, so far, I have nothing bad to say about the CRV either.